Re: Furnitures disappeared from the game

by annakristineb97

Original Post

Hero
@annakristineb97 Have you been using MoveObjects to place them ? At what point did they disappear

What kind of mods/cc are you using ?

Did the Sim move in while you played or did you play another family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your answer!

I've been using MoveObjects yes.

I don't know when it happened.

I finished building the house, and started playing in another one. I did that for at least a couple of days, thinking I'd move into the house eventually.  When I was moving my sim over to the house, all of the furniture were gone and another sim had moved in. 

I have been downloading mods from The Sims Resource.

Thank you again!

Message 12 of 22 (1,405 Views)

Hero
@annakristineb97 Merging this with moveObjects reloading issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (1,378 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry I don't understand what you mean

Message 14 of 22 (1,346 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Moveobjects (Moo) Causing items to disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same problem. (No mods/CC since before the big July update and installing CoL All the DLC except Batuu and the kits. Game version 1.77.146.1030.)

I built a farmhouse from one of my families and used MOO in a few places, but sparingly - added two counters rotated 45° to fill the gaps on the sides of a diagonal stove, added a soap dispenser next to the bathroom sink, moved a plant closer to a corner kitchen counter with a bunch of clutter on it, overlapped some ivy (or some other green climbing plant) on an outside wall, and put a couple of debug flowers on the ground inside my animal enclosure overlapping the cow shed footprint.

At some point while playing, I noticed that the bathroom sink had disappeared and later found it in the household inventory. Sometime after that, I saw that the cluttered corner counter, along with everything on it, had been moved to the household inventory. I put these back and so far they have stayed where they are, even after travelling to different neighbourhoods and playing for about a Sim-week. (I haven't played any other households though.)

The flowers in the animal pen and greenery on the wall seem to be gone forever, though, I assume because they were debug items. I haven't put those back yet because I'm not sure what caused the initial disappearances (if it was travelling, building, quitting and reloading the game, or something else) and don't want to deal with the debug menu until I know they'll stay in place.

Edit: The angled kitchen counters beside the stove have not been affected for whatever reason.

Message 15 of 22 (1,093 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Recently started experiencing this in my game. I noticed it started to happen after I installed Dream Home Decorator.

Message 16 of 22 (1,036 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem. 

I also tried placing the items back without the MOO cheat. They still disappear. 

I always find them back in my household's inventory tho. But still...

I'd rather it just stay there.

Even a chair that is fixed to a desk disappears into my household's inventory. Which is a little weird. 

Message 17 of 22 (964 Views)

Hero
@Kimo0wW There's currently two issues with things disappearing in household inventory. Maybe one of these is what you're seeing:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Modular-furniture-is-moved-to-the-household-inventory-on/t...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Stuff-on-Desks-under-Top-Bunk-disappear/td-p/10539735

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes. It all happened under a top bunk with me too. So I guess it's that one.

But when I sold the bed with the desk and chair and all the things that were on the desk as well and then rebought them, they stayed in place.

I'm not sure what happened there. I'll update with what happens to it when I restart the game tomorrow. 

Edit: They're still there. They haven't disappeared. 

Message 19 of 22 (937 Views)

Items disappearing when placing wallpaper

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Gp12.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By turning on bb.moveobjects, and placing an object off the grid. Like instead of it snapping to a spot, using free movement to place it outside of boundaries. Then trying to place wallpaper in that room. It doesn’t always happen. I think it might just be items placed close to the wall in free move
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to place wallpaper on the walls in a room where I free placed objects, a bunch of them disappear. It doesn't always happen, some days it's fine, but other days it does it constantly. Sometimes I don't even have to place wallpaper. I'll close the game and shut down my console, and then next time I open it, a bunch of items are missing. I didn't use live mode and then build, just went straight to build mode from world, so there's no access to the inventory where there isn't a family I'm playing. But they just delete. In the photo below, you'll see the items are yellow when I'm about to place wallpaper. I could have sworn The sims just fixed this bug didn't they?
What do you expect to see? I should be able to place wallpaper, or anything else and not have free placed objects deleted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above form 

Message 20 of 22 (475 Views)