Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Moodlets/Quirk Notifications for infants after Infant has aged up

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CiL, Seasons, GF, DU, SE, CoL, Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville, ROM, DHD, Werewolves, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Age up an Infant Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim still gets Infant trait-related moodlets (such as Cautious infants getting sad when away from the home lot), and older Sims get infant-related moodlets from watching the Sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect toddler/child/etc. Sims to get moodlets only for traits for their age group, not infant moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch that introduced infants

I have raised multiple infants. However, as toddlers and children, they seem to retain their infant traits. There are two aspects to this I've noticed:

1. The former infant gets moodlets related to infant traits (e.g., Cautious). This suggests that the infant personality traits are not properly removed.
  2. Parents/caregivers get the "aww, so cute (from watching infant)" moodlet from watching the former infant. This suggests that maybe the infant age trait itself isn't properly removed?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 76 (13,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler&Child sim infant sitting pose

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims will get age appropriate moodlets and buffs, but sometimes don’t we all get sad in a Strange Place?

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue

I don't know if already bugged Sims are fixed. If not, you'll need to remove the infant traits with the cheat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 76 of 76 (9,540 Views)

All Replies

Re: Infant traits not properly removed

Champion

I’ve not yet seen the toddler get an infant moodlet, but the parent did get the so cute from watching infant moodlet a couple sim days after their daughter became a toddler. They did have new infant-related sentiments with each other that didn’t go away when the infant aged up - I thought it was maybe caused by that? Haven’t played long enough for the sentiments to fade yet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 76 (13,352 Views)

Re: Infant traits not properly removed

★ Novice

I wanted to start a legacy challenge with a pair of infant twins on my old family, but in a new save. So, I saved the household, made a new save, merged the household (deleted all other sims), and aged up both of them from infant to young adult in CAS. 

One was Wiggly, and has a permanent 3h +Playful moodlet from it. The other had the Gassy quirk, and occasionally gets sad moodlets from it, but also the pop up in notifications that he got the infant quirk of gassy comes up again and again. Both are young adults in a new save - I’m wondering if I’m going to have to start over from scratch before I get in too deep, to get rid of them, but I already have background bios for them and I’m pretty attached already :-/ 

All of my mods have been disabled since the Patch, though I’m also playing the expansion 

Message 3 of 76 (13,326 Views)

"Aww so cute" moodlet from 'watching infants' when there are no infants present

★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030 (infants update)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover Univeristy, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk it randomly pops up
What happens when the bug occurs? My adult sim (who is a parent of two children, which are displayed in the ss) gets the moodlet "Aww so cute" without there being any infants on the lot
What do you expect to see? Not get the moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

To add on, my sim has been home all day doing skillbuilding and sleeping. I didn't notice when she first got the moodlet but she's gotten it before. Either way, a quick skim through Manage Worlds show no infants, only babies, I do have neighbourhood stories on but have turned off adopting so there shouldn't be a huge influx of adopted children. My theory is that my sim somehow still thinks her children are still infants since I played through all the stages until childhood.

Message 4 of 76 (13,291 Views)

Re: "Aww so cute" moodlet from 'watching infants' when there are no in

★★ Apprentice

Ok so I found what gave the "Aww so cute" moodlet. It's when the parent sim autonomously watches the child (like when they'll "check infant/toddler" but now it's just "watch") however there's no "watch/watch child" interaction on any socials, including parenting.

Message 5 of 76 (13,244 Views)

Re: Moodlets for infants after Infant has aged up (Traits not being removed)

★★★ Guide

I believe I have the same thing; I have no infants or babies, just kids now, and my older Sim gets infant moodlets when she is around them.

03-20-23_3-23-18 PM.png

Message 6 of 76 (13,063 Views)

Re: Moodlets for infants after Infant has aged up (Traits not being removed)

★★ Apprentice

Now my teenage sim got the "Aww so cute" moodlet when watching his MOM!?

Message 7 of 76 (12,856 Views)

constant notifications regarding infant quirks

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but werewolves, paranormal stuff and journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim had twin daughters who have grown into children. I am receiving pop ups constantly about their quirks being revealed. Over the past 2 hours I have had the 'self-soother' quirk revealed 18 times, the 'gassy' quirk 7 times and 'frequent hiccups' 4 times. Neither are infants they are both children. When I go into the sim panel, there is no trait for any of these quirks. This is incredibly annoying as it is clogging up my notifications having to keep deleting these and catch up with what I have missed. I have removed mods and keep having the same issue. link to video- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Up-EtWJqyGjdZx2M6OKqxkaEDDB_HkZx/view?usp=sharing
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, it pops up randomly, every few minutes. Sometimes I get the same notification 5-6 times in a row.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this only when the child is an infant not after this life stage.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

link to video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Up-EtWJqyGjdZx2M6OKqxkaEDDB_HkZx/view?usp=sharing

Message 8 of 76 (12,311 Views)

Re: constant notifications regarding infant quirks

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by clicking on the dots in EA app.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 76 (12,300 Views)

Re: constant notifications regarding infant quirks

★★ Novice

I have followed the steps and did the factory reset as advised. I created a family with three infants then waited to see their quirks, i got self soother and gassy which were two of the problem traits. I did not get the same error.

I then added a couple of save files (nothing else) into the new sims folder and bought up my household and then the error started again Frown

Message 10 of 76 (12,286 Views)