Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Marriage Whim Not Being Fulfilled

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim get the whim to get married to their significant other, then have the two sims get married and the whim will remain unfulfilled.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whim to get married doesn't fulfill after two sims get married.
What do you expect to see? I expect the whim to be fulfilled after two sims get married.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure which patch caused this bug to start happening, but it's been happening for me now for over a year.  I usually play with mods, but I removed them all, deleted all the cache files, and made a new game in order to test a fresh save with no mods and the same bug will occur 100% of the time.

Message 1 of 10 (3,991 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Marriage Whim Not Being Fulfilled

Hero

Get Married to..” whim now complete when you actually get married. Achievement Unlocked!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (3,422 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,845 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this with the Get Engaged To [Sim] whim. Mostly with mods, but I played without a few times and it was still a thing. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,823 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. I have tried both ways for scheduling the marriage event, through the social menu wheel and through adding an event in the calendar. Neither way fulfilled the "Get married" whim, and both sims had the whim. (I'd also like to note that only after about 2 in-game hours, the "Just Married!" moodlet disappeared, instead of lasting the full 2 days. The wedding event wasn't even completed before it disappeared. Because neither of the sims had the "Just Married" moodlet, neither of them was able to take the first slice of cake, which is an event goal.)

Message 4 of 10 (3,758 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been an issue for a really long time (along with other whim-related issues), and its still going strong in my game. I just cancel the whims, because they never get fulfilled.

Message 5 of 10 (3,726 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Marriage Whim Not Being Fulfilled

★★★★ Guide

I also have this issue both sims had the whim to get married it did not get fulfilled for ether one 
one was an alien they were both young adults no  mods or cc

Message 6 of 10 (3,638 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Marriage Whim Not Being Fulfilled

★ Pro

Get married whim still isn't fulfilling as of 1.54.120.1020 patch.  Pic is of my sims after returning home from their wedding party.  She was the only one with the whim so I had her click the arch to start the ceremony.

Message 7 of 10 (3,596 Views)

★★★ Novice
Could this post be merged with the https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364/page/3 one? I put this whim bug as an issue over there since it's been over a year now.
Message 8 of 10 (3,528 Views)

Hero
@WLDL It's fine if you just me too this one as well. Since you have others not fulfilling, I'm holding off to see if those continue to not fulfill as well.

As obsolete as it may seem, if the general issue is fixed and the two you mention in your post are still not fulfilling, I'd need a new thread for each whim.

But let's wait until they fix the global issue and then go from there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (3,529 Views)

Hero

Get Married to..” whim now complete when you actually get married. Achievement Unlocked!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (3,423 Views)