Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Males with High Heels on Botanist career outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, vampires, gettowork, cityliving, pets, laundry, spookystuff, glamour stuff, jungleadventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim, a botanist, is sporting a strange pair of white high-heeled boots as part of his work uniform. Seriously?! Also, if my other sim is not home when botanist sim's shift ends, his controls inform me that he is still at work. Very. Annoying!!
What do you expect to see? Annoying lack of of control of sim who IS indeed done with his scheduled work shift and at home wearing weird white go-go boots about the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note the spiffy (sarcasm) white boots. Even my sim is angry about these boots, as his facial expression conveys!!12-15-18_10-55-05 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 20 (3,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Males with High Heels on Botanist career outfit

Hero

Male Sims now wear appropriate shoes when working as a Floral Designer or Botanist.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (2,886 Views)

All Replies

Male Gardener career outfit has women's shoes after promotion

★ Guide

My current male sim is in the Gardener Career. I had him take the science brance of the career and now every single time he gets promoted he comes home wearing women's shoes.

I've used the cheat code to fix it every time it happens and I put a pair of boots from seasons on him, but it still happens after a promotion. 

I provided a picture of him in his work uniform and the stiletto heels he just came home in.

The previous promotions had him coming home in the cat shoes and in women's sandals. This is the first time he came home in stilettos. Just seeing him in them is making my knees hurt. 

I didn't notice if this occurred before I had to choose a career branch or not. 

I hope I can get help with this and in the meantime I'll continue using the cheat code and changing his shoes back to boots.

Message 1 of 20 (3,545 Views)

Re: Male Gardener career outfit has women's shoes after promotion

Hero

Hi @simgirl542

I have merged your post with current bug thread on the issue although yours it a bit more specific, I believe this to be the same issue.

Thanks for the report. I doubt there's much you can do currently.

Do feel free to press the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,528 Views)

Re: Male Gardener career outfit has women's shoes after promotion

★★ Pro

The problem @crinrict with the work outfit of this branch of the Gardener career is that there's no shoes assigned to the outfit for males or females, so you end up with anything the game has to offer. This is like the bug I reported last fall about market stall vendors wearing strange footwear.

I just discovered this in my own game the other day, but I forgot about reporting it till I just saw this post. Using the career outfit cheat should fix it till they get promoted again, I'm guessing, but I went ahead and made an override for myself to assign shoes to the outfit.

Message 3 of 20 (3,509 Views)

Re: Males with High Heels on Botanist career outfit

Hero

Using this for the high heels issue.

Please use this thread for your other one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-Home-from-Work-but-icon-still-grey/m-p/6608081

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (3,518 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Males with High Heels on Botanist career outfit

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This problem occurs because Maxis didn't assign footwear to this uniform for males or females, so the game will pull from any footwear available regardless of the gender of the Sim.

They've done this before with the market stall vendors after Cats and Dogs was released and finally fixed it after several months.

Message 6 of 20 (3,499 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Males with High Heels on Botanist career outfit

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (3,464 Views)

EA Staff

@grannyiris77

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 20 (3,406 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim created a club that does yoga and meditation. Their club outfit is the color orange. When my sim and group showed up at the yoga studio my sim and another sim was wearing an astronaut helmet and my male sim was wearing high heel shoes. Even when he changed into a yoga outfit. Why is the game putting high heel shoes on my hetero male sim? Why the astronaut helmets?

Message 9 of 20 (3,374 Views)

Hero

Hi @troshalom

the helmet has probably something to do with this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/...

To be sure, that was on the club outfit you choose ? 

You choose orange as outfit option and they got a helmet and the shoes with that ?

Would be great if you could make a separate thread for club outfits having issues if you just choose a color scheme.

Just mention both the high heels and the helmet thing.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,362 Views)