[FIXED] Male sims walk/jog/.. with feminine style

by Aether_President

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Male sims walk/jog/.. with feminine style

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Archie_289 wrote:

Could anyone give an example of other feminine animations aside from the fame walk style? I did not notice other female animations in my male Sims aside from that.

Try the jogging animation and you’ll see.

Message 31 of 176 (1,318 Views)

Re: Males sims are playing females animations after the new update

★ Guide

I just want to add to this that it's an old bug that was never sorted out when the walkstyles of celebrity sims aren't being saved in game memory when you leave the household, they immediately revert to their celebrity walkstyle. Either style is hideous to look at and i'm very tempted to look at a mod to sort it out in the mean time.

it also isn't the only thing that doesn't save on sim travel options, vampires have the same issue with fly as a bat and mist form, you turn them off and they revert when you leave the household. it's just as annoying.

Message 32 of 176 (1,310 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Hoverael wrote:

I just want to add to this that it's an old bug that was never sorted out when the walkstyles of celebrity sims aren't being saved in game memory when you leave the household, they immediately revert to their celebrity walkstyle. Either style is hideous to look at and i'm very tempted to look at a mod to sort it out in the mean time.

it also isn't the only thing that doesn't save on sim travel options, vampires have the same issue with fly as a bat and mist form, you turn them off and they revert when you leave the household. it's just as annoying.

But this bug happens for all males, not just males celebrities.

Message 33 of 176 (1,302 Views)

★ Guide

it's all part of the same issue.

Message 34 of 176 (1,286 Views)

★★ Guide

The problem is not only dev not paying attention to it but also tremendous number of players ignoring this glitch. Most of them only focus on farming and all new features. If they will talk about the bugs, the bugs about Cottage living will be addressed first. 

Now I feel a little afraid. There was a bug about beloved trait since the game first released in 2014 but it was fixed in 2017 as that bug wasn't really a threat to the game at all, and I hope that devs will not give us duplicate experience.

Now I start to cross my fingers for the modders to fix this issue instead...

Message 35 of 176 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Hoverael I have a mod to turn the celebrity walk off. Check it out and download "no celebrity walk". It still works until this latest patch.

CM Edit: Mod links are not allowed on AHQ. 

Message 36 of 176 (1,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Hoverael wrote:

it's all part of the same issue.

It’s really not. You described another bug. This one use females animations not celebrity walk style, it’s a bug where the males animations are overwritten by the female’s. This why it appears on the jogging animation as well. If the bug was similar then the jogging animations shouldn’t be touched at all.

also it has nothing regarding saving animations, it happens for all males, even the one just created no matter the walkstyle you chose.

Message 37 of 176 (1,259 Views)

★★ Guide

No, not the same as the celebrity bug at all. I never had this bug until Cottage Living. And the devs didn't fix it in this patch, as I said they would not. Not enough people complaining about it.

I will seriously never play the Sims again until this is fixed (not that I expect anyone to care, it's just totally game-breaking). Infuriating after I paid for CL. NEVER. AGAIN.

Message 38 of 176 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I made a quick video showing the bug mentioned in the post (sorry for my low FPS, in-game recordings are terrible in my PC)

https://i.imgur.com/J9gixAp.mp4

EDIT: i tried to use the forum uploader, but it doesn't work for me

Message 39 of 176 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@KhlasNow that you mentioned it, I did not realize there's a difference between male and female jogging animations.

I guess the jogging and fame walk weirdness are part of the same bug. But disabling fame walk and the game forgetting it is another one.

Message 40 of 176 (1,180 Views)