Re: Male Celebrities are using the female celebrity walking style

by Khlas

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

please fix it asap, I've stopped playing the sims since this bug happening, it's so annoying Frown(

Message 91 of 176 (1,084 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There's another patch today, and this is still unsolved Frown

Is this really that hard to fix???

Message 92 of 176 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SwanSong93 wrote:

There's another patch today, and this is still unsolved Frown

Is this really that hard to fix???

It’s not hard, they just don’t do it. However they should because it’s not fixable with mods. 

Message 93 of 176 (1,027 Views)

I had a sinking feeling, too.  I can never truly quite understand what's going on, I suppose.  I would have thought this would be a priority.

I finally saw Thorne Bailey walking and it ... My reaction was pretty non-positive.

What I really wish is that they'd simply update weekly.  There's surely a reason they don't, but I would not mind it one bit.  It's the price we would pay, I feel, for wanting fixes when so many things are going on at once.  (LOL @ how I reread my submissions to make sure I'm being polite.)

Message 94 of 176 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just pointing out that in CAS males walk as a female for the « normal » walk aswell. It’s not as noticeable as it is in the game though.

if I knew where are the scripts for the males walks, I could try to fix it myself, however I have no clue where those are. 

Message 95 of 176 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Speaking of tuning, looks like i already fix the issue (temporary)

(sorry for those annoying pop-up about outdated mods)

Edit : I've done it, tested on newest patch, but on downside, female animations are now using male's. But you could patch it with feminine walkstyle on CAS. (Won't effect jog animations)

Message 96 of 176 (890 Views)

★ Guide

Ive thought it was a feature, to make the game more inclusive.

Message 97 of 176 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@lostinmallocIt's not a feature. EA already acknowledged it and admitted it as a glitch. Even if it was a feature, it would be the most absurd feature ever.

Message 98 of 176 (773 Views)

★★ Guide
@skuld090 I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Could you simplify it? Do I have to create female with male frame? I just wanna try.

Anyway thank you for your test, maybe we can debug by ourselves.
Message 99 of 176 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Aether_PresidentAll I did was replacing female walk/jog tuning with male animation tuning. I did that cause after done few trial/error, somehow both male & female are using 1 same line code.

And 1 thing, this temporary fix won't include male celeb walk (cause it's gonna looked weird on female celeb), so you might need 'no celeb walk' mod in your game.

Message 100 of 176 (740 Views)