Sliders for Mac and BG blush not working

by squishybith

Original Post

Re: Basegame Blush Slider Broken

★★ Guide

Same on consoles. I've had this issue for a month on PS4.

Message 11 of 22 (1,414 Views)

Re: Makeup opacity slider wont work on cheek makeup

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Mine shows up same as your screenshots - top row 1st and 4th GTW blushes are missing the "hue" slider (the slider on top) and the three blushes on the bottom row (MAC and basegame) are showing the same greyed out sliders that you're showing.
Message 12 of 22 (1,382 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Makeup opacity slider wont work on cheek makeup

★★★★ Novice

I play on my windows laptop and am having the same issues (which I did not notice prior to the most recent game update).  What's the deal, y'all? I've tried removing all of my CC, updating my game, repairing the game - no dice, still can't use the sliders on AT LEAST the MAC blushes.

Message 13 of 22 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It a bug in the game since the latest patch. Even players without CC have the issue. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon. 

Message 14 of 22 (1,356 Views)

★★ Guide
@candiecoatediv Too bad this is now effecting the pc version since this patch. Console players have had it since the SE patch released.
Message 15 of 22 (1,301 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@catloverplayer Patch giveth and patch taketh away. I thought I was missing something but then I realized it wasn't just the MAC blush it was all of it lol.
Message 16 of 22 (1,228 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is only happening on EA blushes. CC blushes work with the slider, but EA blushes do not.

Message 17 of 22 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have all packs except for Batuu and I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a workaround for this yet?

Message 18 of 22 (1,097 Views)

Sliders for Mac and BG blush not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and on any sim, go to the blush category and try to make a custom swatch with the sliders on the MAC and BG blushes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sliders appear but they are greyed out like they cannot be used for those specific blushes.
What do you expect to see? I’d like to see this fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I’m pretty sure it was either the last patch or the patch before.

I wasn’t able to get any screenshots on my laptop. I tried to see if there was anything else about this but all I could find was posts from December and I’m pretty sure this started happening to my game after December. I remember when the patch with the sliders came out and I was actually able to use it on the MAC and BG blushes, I know because the sims I made in one save have custom blushes on one of the MAC ones, but now it wont let me. I’m new to posting stuff on here so lmk if there’s anything I missed and/or if this issue has been resolved and so forth. Thanks. 

Message 19 of 22 (1,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

this happens to me as well, but it does this for all makeup (eyeshadow, blush, lipstick) and it does this for cc makeup as well and not just in-game makeup. is there any way to fix this?

Message 20 of 22 (806 Views)