by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Mailman Delivers But Gets Notification He Didn't

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out, Strangerville, Spa Day Stuff Packs: Perfect Patio, My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mailman has delivered the mail as normal. I get a notification the mail was not delivered. This happens in both houses and apartments. There is nothing obstructing the mailbox.
What do you expect to see? No notification should popup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See the picture below showing the notifications:

12-22-19_11-35-09 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (2,611 Views)

Re: Mailman Delivers But Gets Notification He Didn't

★★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I have noticed this in my own game before the latest update, but can't confirm or deny any more than that for a) it's an inconsistent bug for me and b) I'm currently in a save with mods.
Message 2 of 10 (2,555 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Mailman Delivers But Gets Notification He Didn't

I see this a lot.

Message 3 of 10 (2,502 Views)

★★ Guide

I've also been seeing this. The mailman clearly delivers the mail just fine, but I still get this notification saying that they couldn't.

Message 4 of 10 (2,487 Views)

★★ Pro

I've seen this off and on since I started playing Sims 4 and that was back in January 2015!

Sometimes it happens when I forget to clear out the mailbox when something's been delivered and other times it's because the mailbox was placed with MOO. Sometimes it seems to happen for no reason at all. I don't worry about it.

I guess because I'm so used to it by now and my Sims always get their mail in the end!

Message 5 of 10 (2,468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ever since I installed City Living, this has been happening to me constantly, except there is no mail delivered, and I'm not expecting anything to be delivered. I just ignore it *shrugs*

Message 6 of 10 (2,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
What happens when the bug occurs? The mailman has delivered the mail as normal. I get a notification the mail was not delivered. This happens in both houses and apartments. There is nothing obstructing the mailbox even other sims mailbox in apartments i get the notifications 
What do you expect to see? No notification should popup about mails not delivered when it delivered when there is nothing obstructing the mailbox 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Message 7 of 10 (1,971 Views)

★★ Guide

So this is a bug? I always thought it was some sort of joke or something, because mailman always deliver even when I get this notification Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (1,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

You’ll notice it doesn’t actually say that mail wasn’t delivered: “I couldn’t reach your mailbox but I managed to throw the mail in there” I just always figured it was the game’s hand waving excuse whenever the mail delivery had a routing fail for any reason - whether the mailbox is actually inaccessible, or there’s someone standing in front of it, or the sim just glitched. It’s an “oops, oh well whatever, let’s just say your mail was delivered”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 10 (1,935 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Mailman Delivers But Gets Notification He Didn't

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still experiencing this could you possibly provide a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,726 Views)