by deedeeme123

Original Post

[OPEN] Maids And Nannies Don't Do Their Jobs/Show Up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, University, Island Living, Cats and Dogs,City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Nannies or Maids
What happens when the bug occurs? The scheduled maids do not show up and when they do they barely clean anything and then leave. Also the nannies show up but instead of taking care of the babies or toddlers they watch tv or other things while the children are screaming for attention.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to see the maids and nannies doing what they are supposed to do, cleaning and child care
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After eco living

Maids And Nannies Need To Do Their Jobs

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (11,753 Views)

Re: Maids And Nannies Don't Do Their Jobs/Show Up

★★★ Guide

Sometimes the nannies not showing up happens to me. Like when it's the time they're supposed to show up, they don't, so I have to cancel the service and just call for the nanny service again. It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it is kind of annoying because I usually like having my adult Sims go out most of the time (usually when the kids are asleep around 7 or so). 

So yeah, them not showing up sometimes usually happens on Xbox too (the version I have). But I only have Cool Kitchen Stuff and that's it. So I think them not arriving on time is a basegame issue, because it also was happening before I had Cool Kitchen Stuff.

Message 2 of 16 (11,703 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Maids And Nannies Don't Do Their Jobs/Show Up

★★ Pro
@deedeeme123 I have seen this with the maid service. The maid comes to work alright but they often don't clean. Also I've had it happen that the maid cleans some stuff like picks up trash but ignores dirty counters. My current household doesn't have the maid service so I can't be sure if it happens all the time or just sometimes.
Message 3 of 16 (11,643 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Maids And Nannies Don't Do Their Jobs/Show Up

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me with my maid. She showed up the first day, but now she isn't showing up. I tried to fire and rehire her but that didn't help. Frown My house is a mess!

Message 4 of 16 (11,562 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Maids And Nannies Don't Do Their Jobs/Show Up

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Nannies  and Maids
What happens when the bug occurs? The scheduled maids do not show up and when they do they barely clean anything  or do not do anything and then leave and charge my sims when they still  have dirty stuff around the house.  Also the nannies show up but instead of taking care of the babies or toddlers they watch tv or other things while the children are screaming for attention.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to see the maids and nannies doing what they are supposed to do, cleaning and child care
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure 
Please describe the patch or change you made 

Maids And Nannies Need To Do Their Jobs

Message 5 of 16 (11,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim is having a mom’s night out to blow off some steam, asked the nanny to stay late. Well…he’s at the bar, which could be forgiven as a continuity error if not for the fact her 2 toddlers are starving. 

In all seriousness, the nanny never comes unless before work and if he is already there. Apparently he’s still not doing anything. 

I’ll still have to pay for him when I rush my sim home though. 

Message 6 of 16 (10,765 Views)

Scheduled Maid Service

★ Novice

Scheduled maid not showing up. I canceled and requested the service but the maid still didn’t show up at the scheduled time or any time after. 

Message 7 of 16 (10,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The nanny came in and now she is only stands and crying bc 2 strays died and Grim won't reap them. When clicking on her with my toddler, the only option I get is "talk to stranger". My toddler is grungy and my baby is needing a diaper. I don't use any mods or cc as I recently decided to play vanilla again.

08-26-22_10-39-27 PM.png08-27-22_12-13-31 AM.png08-27-22_12-13-49 AM.png

Message 8 of 16 (10,057 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't used nannies much in the past, but I've had caterers and maids not do much while hired. 

* Sims4

* PC

* English

* I have most game packs/expansions, etc (missing wedding stories and high school, plus a few kits)

* version 1.96.365.1030

* Hired a nanny to come so my sim could travel off lot into a different world. Needs had been met for infant except for sleep, but she was sleeping when she was left with the nanny.  Infant's icon at the bottom lit up green (awake) and a light bulb over her head (skills) said she was working on wellness (which infants can't do...?).  Her sleep eroded down into the red so I sent my sim home.  The nanny was watching tv as the baby cried on the floor in her bedroom. 

* I would expect that children being watched by daycare or nannies would have their needs met.  

I am going to attempt to put her things in the living room so a nanny can hear/see her next time, to see if it helps...will update for others who have this issue.

Message 9 of 16 (8,229 Views)

★ Guide

Save File:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMnh5ABuN8VBbP_AT6NQjn8imV82siOS/view?usp=sharing   

Ok so I did some testing and it's still having issues (this is a continuation of my previous comment)

In this save file, my sim is away, the nanny was hired and she came to the house to watch my sim's infant.  I left the infant with full needs and watched it dwindle until the hunger hit yellow then saved and uploaded it to share.  I moved them into a bigger house so I could put infant stuff in the living room where the nanny will likely be watching tv so she could hear the infant crying, but her needs aren't being tended to.  

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) so far
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except High School. All Game Packs except Weddings.  All Stuff Packs.   
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you load up my save, it should be right there doing it.  Hire a nanny to come to the house, then leave, watch the infant's stats. 
What do you expect to see? I'd expect my infant's needs to be maintained.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure. (I haven't played since Aug 2021, so there've been a lot of updates/patches since then, and I rarely used nannies before)

Message 10 of 16 (8,183 Views)