Re: [OPEN] Maid caught in a loop cleaning grill even on new grill (Neat Trait)

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Still happening on PC and it's December 23.

I've played about 5 households in the last month and it's happened with each household.

Message 31 of 45 (1,481 Views)

★★ Guide

Meredith Rosswell (from strangerville) is a sim that seems to be in love with the grill across the bar in Henford-on-Bagley too often when I visit there with my sim.

Have not played the Rosswell household, but she does indeed have the neat trait.

Message 32 of 45 (1,450 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same issue is happening with Bonehilda in my game; having no grill inside the lot does not work because she is running directly to the grills placed in common areas... Even when I am at an exorcism gig, she does not stop cleaning the grills!

Message 33 of 45 (1,418 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It happens with NPCs at one of the beach lots in Sulani too.   Mele Kahananui has cleaned this grill like 20 times now in a row with a scrub brush...*brushy brushy brushy*... pause.... thought bubble pops over her head showing she's thinking about her one true love, her precious, The Grill...then..... *brushy brushy brushy*  

There is a temporary fix that should last as long as the maid or NPC sim is on that lot.   

The way I was able to snap Mele Kahananui out of her scrub brush frenzy was to make the grill Dirty by shift+clicking on it and selecting "Make dirty".   If you do this while they're actively cleaning it then it may not fix it that cleaning attempt, so try to do it before they start or reset the object interrupting them, then make it dirty.   The cleaning attempt will take longer (like it normally does for a dirty item), and will clean the grill most of the time.   Once that cleaning has finished they won't be obsessed with cleaning it anymore during that trip to that lot.   Since this only lasts while they are on the lot if you have a maid make sure to have the grill dirty before their shift begins or early on in it so they don't get stuck on the grill for too long.  

When testing this I noticed that this still works to break the loop when another NPC cleaned the grill instead, much to the horror of poor Mele Kahananui watching her beloved grill get scrubbed by someone else.   Even though it wasn't Mele who cleaned it,  that did break the loop too.  So, as long as the grill gets cleaned while the obsessive Neat sim is on the lot then they will see the state of the grill as clean and not feel like they have to scrub it out of existence.

Its not a great work around but it at least should snap them out of it for that visit to the lot.  Hopefully this gets fixed eventually.  There are quite a few other obsessed sim type bugs too that can be very disruptive & sometimes destructive where the autonomy and desire to do something needs to be toned WAAAAY down like with insect farms on community lots.  (Please stop "Nurturing" my beetles to death Mr. Bjorn "Lennie" Bjergsen..)

Message 34 of 45 (1,348 Views)

Re: Maid / Grill Glitch

★★★ Novice

100% fixed my issue,  My Butler had the Neat trait and removing this trait fixed the issue.  Butler is no longer obsessed with cleaning grills  Now I have to see if they will do laundry.

Message 35 of 45 (1,267 Views)

★ Novice

This is STILL happening, Neat guests are obsessed with cleaning my grill. This bug is 2 years old!?

PC
Windenburg
Sim had neat trait and was stuck cleaning grill on my lot over and over.

Message 36 of 45 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure if related but I saw sim mind controlled to clean go direct to the counter upstairs at the science lab and scrub it for ever, despite that is look clean for my sim. They doing this even if there is waste right next to them when mind controlled. 

Message 37 of 45 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm also seeing the problem. I use pc and the game version is: 1.89.214.1030. My housekeeper has a neat dash and after doing some chores she gets stuck cleaning on the grates brushing and brushing nonstop. The detail is that the grill is not dirty but  she still insists on brushing the grill as if it were dirty.Disappointed

Message 38 of 45 (995 Views)

★ Guide

December 14th, 2022, still a problem. Removed neat trait from my butler. Finally ended the madness. Please fix the traits EA.

Message 39 of 45 (852 Views)

★ Novice

Me too

MacOS Ventura 13

Message 40 of 45 (813 Views)