Re: [OPEN] Maid/Gardener stops coming after a few days

by 1Kimi115

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I didnt really have the gardener doesnt show up until I started playing in windenburg, specifically the mid-nowhere lot. There seems to be a portal issue there. They say they will show up at x time and then dont show up until hours later from the back, if at all - at other times they show up to the front side of the lot and on time (as with mail delivery).  It also seems like on this 'mid nowhere' lot I have to rehire the gardener every time the sim leaves the lot, which includes going to work.

The neighborhood/lot portal also seems to affect visitors to the lot, one will call up and want to visit and then they dont show up for several sim hours because they came through the back neighborhood portal and have to walk all the way to the lot. - so say they ring up at around 8pm, they end up arriving after 10pm and then want to turn around and leave because of the time and/or my sim has now passed out somewhere waiting for them.

Secondly I am being charged for a gardener when they dont even show up. I had a sim go to work and came home to a charge of 150, however all plants needed spraying/watering and I also had to rehire the gardener - so there is some sort of bug there too. Not to mention that in other worlds where the gardener does show up as expected I still get charged again any time the sim leaves the lot. For instance, sim is on day off, gardener shows up on time, does his thing, charges the sim and leaves - then the sim decides to go out to dinner or w/e and comes back to another charge from the gardener - even though he was already there and already charged the household for the services- all in the same sim day. The dinger is this can happen several times a day if you have anyone in the household that comes and goes from the lot numerous times, including work. I feel like that is a little excessive despite the produce value cheesing to make up for it. It seems more like a bug rather than a feature that is working as intended. Standard smile

Message 61 of 91 (1,453 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This still seems to be an issue for me.

If the only sim on lot were to leave for work at the same time that the maid would usually arrive, the maid will not turn up at all.

She will sometimes turn up after the sim has returned from work, but it's extremely random.

Maid seems to be one of the buggiest features of this game, I'm sure of it. :P

Message 62 of 91 (1,324 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 91 (1,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I started playing 10 days ago and that's one of the first things I noticed. The maid just stops coming. The service is still active, If I go to the cellphone and check I have the option to cancel the service. Sometimes they come back on their own, sometimes I have to cancel the service and hire it again.

I haven't played that long, but that's one of the things that bugs me. The amount of uncleaned plates and uncomfortable sims I have, dirty counters and sinks, due to the maid not coming. 

What is worrisome is that this game was released in 2014 and I see this thread is at least a year old, and people keep having problems with it.

Message 64 of 91 (1,213 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so, I just played 7 sim days straight with this new sim that the game provided. The maid came everyday except on the weekend of course.  

On sunday I have a problem with the interactions, apparently my sim ran into somebody while on a jog and had a chat but the interaction box at the top of the screen never disappeared. So I exited the game to manage worlds, saving, to see if that could fix that. I exit and re enter the house and guess what, by 10am monday the maid doesnt show up!!!!

I wait, the maid doesn't show up on tuesday either. I check on her phone, the service is still active and I have the option to cancel it.

I have been even been playing for 2 weeks, I downloaded the game from origin and I already repaired it, following advice from a poster at the sims forums.

Message 65 of 91 (1,203 Views)

★★ Novice

After downloading Pets I am having issues with all service. the made disappeared and i still get charged and then when the maid is all finished (like when i get back from being at work) and the notification pops up in the corner saying a maid came by while you were away, there is no picture of a maid. a gray box with the llama shows up. 

Message 66 of 91 (1,073 Views)

Hero

Hi @kerrielynne

are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

If not, could you please open a new thread for this. This one is quite old and doesn't have the bug template on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 91 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
What if the mods are necessary to complete a legacy challenge? I'm doing Not-So-Berry and I have mods for the custom content element of the game.
Message 68 of 91 (1,007 Views)

Hero

Then you create a copy of your save game and test on a vanilla game anyways for bug reporting purposes. You can go back to your legacy later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 91 (996 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It looks like it's just that particular family so far. Another family with no mods and custom content in active use just had their maid show up today as well as their gardener

Message 70 of 91 (981 Views)