Re: [FIXED] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

by thedarkoneirc

Original Post

[OPEN] Magical clones can become permanent (Patch 1.62.67)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic and Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Steps I took: 1- Went to the realm of magic 2- went to the basement and talked to a sage 3- mid-conversation I duplicato'ed 4- talked to my duplicate and got the friendship bar up a little ( he was also talking to the sage) 5-used the go-to home button on my sim portrait and left (I was using Transportale spell if that helps) 6- when I got home I could call sim to lot, although that aside they appear to have a sleep cycle despite not existing in manage household. Also I could add to household, I am now living with 4 copies of myself
What happens when the bug occurs? They exist as their own sim (Best guess). I can do everything a normal sim can do, although inventory on copy sim is empty
What do you expect to see? Them to vanish and stop existing when I left
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I changed outfits and hairstyles manually through CAS so I can tell them apart as I now have 4 of my sim. I have a save file zipped and uploaded to my google drive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fsq6FonQ5HFlVZX1sAmfYlP1vjiTGujM/view?usp=sharing

(Edited, I had wrong link, sorry) 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 5 of 15 (3,426 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on 1.62.67, created a clone yesterday, left the lot. Didn't even realize until I saw it walking around today that it's still there. Looks like it might not be fixed.

Message 1 of 15 (3,528 Views)

Hero
@thedarkoneirc Did the Sim you tested with already have another permanent clone ? I tested this with my two Sims. She already had a clone and now seems to have two.

His clone vanished as it should, he didn't have one before.

She traveled from the magic realm to somewhere, he from his home lot to somewhere other than the realm.

Maybe it was a partial fix ? Can you duplicate it on a fresh save too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can play around with trying to duplicate a bit later. In my case it was the first time using the spell ever, sim was on a blind date, used some romantic interactions with the clone, then date ended and left the lot without any consideration. Sim lives in the penthouse lot of San Myshuno, and I saw the clone at a stall somewhere at ground level when I realized it still exists (still in relationships too)

Message 3 of 15 (3,478 Views)

Hero
@thedarkoneirc How much time has passed ? I'm not exactly sure how long they exist but it's something like 12 hours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,454 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Magical clones can become permanent (Patch 1.62.67)

★ Novice

This just occurred to my sim! Fully updated, I have almost all the expansions (except university) and I do not remember how it happened. All of a sudden one of my sorcerers had a twin brother, and they have no family at all so I thought this was strange... He is around all the time now and I’ve added him to the household. Not part of my original narrative, but it’s interesting! 

Message 6 of 15 (3,248 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this too. I Duplicato'd my sim a while back, and she still is in the relationships panel and I got a call from her the other day. No mods, no cc.

Message 7 of 15 (3,121 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

It is by design that magical clones become permanent if you add them to the household.

If you don't add them to the household, they should disappear after some time.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods) when not adding them to the household?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 15 (3,043 Views)

★ Guide
@SimQARobo I cloned my spellcaster a long time ago and her clone still persists beyond her death without adding the clone to the household.
And in the family tree you can see the clone as her sister because I travelled with my other sims from the household while the clone was still there (that's how she became permanent).
Message 9 of 15 (3,005 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have all packs/dlc and one of my clones appears to have become permanent. She keeps calling me to challenge me to a duel, over and over. I don't know when she became permanent because she's not on my lot. I realized it when I started to get calls from her. 

Message 10 of 15 (2,413 Views)