by thefailedbeta

Original Post

[OPEN] [MWS] Wedding tea sets cause sims to do the 'smell bad' animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but eco living and university. All game packs but bath, interior design, spell caster and jungle. Stuff pack : laundry, knitting, vintage, outdoor, vintage, kitchen. No kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? lkitslet a tea set get dirty then empty/clean it
What happens when the bug occurs? sims will still react with the "smell bad" animation near the tea set despite it being empty/clean. Also there is no uncomfortable moodlet.
What do you expect to see? No "dirty" animation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It first happened on a shop lot (I made a wedding all in one shop) with a sims that had completed the Master chef aspiration. Too many factors at play here. So I tested at home with a new family. Same issue. If tea spoils, the teaset is ruined. Resetting it wont work, reseting the sims wont work, all I can do is buy a new teaset.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (4,961 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] Wedding tea sets cause sims to do the 'smell bad' animation

★★ Novice

Noticed this last week in another save. When I made a new one today the same issue was happening.

Message 2 of 13 (4,657 Views)

★ Guide

Oh man it’s the tea set! I was playing today and noticed whenever my sims were sitting at their dinning room table they would get the dirty boot thought bubble and act disgusted but there were never any dirty plates around but I do have a tea set on the dinning room table that they haven’t even used yet. Now i know what it is and here i was going crazy thinking there must be a plate magically stuck in between the table and the wall. I hope that gets fixed soon because that is absolutely annoying!

Message 3 of 13 (4,550 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been playing a save for almost 5 sim weeks, and they keep doing the animation - shortly after I added a tea set. I've asked sims to help with cleaning and ordered people to clean- quite often with people ending up picking up a toy or mopping a puddle outside, The tea set had been cleaned after brewing, however I did put all the cups into the fridge for later. 

Message 4 of 13 (4,533 Views)

★ Apprentice

so glad other people noticed this bug! my sims mom dropped by and despite noticing the bug I had him serve her some tea just to see if I was going crazy or if the dang thing was bugged! I hope they fix it soon this is like the tea brewer all over again.

Message 5 of 13 (4,431 Views)

★★★ Expert

My sims are doing the "smells bad" animation with this tea set even with brand new/ never been used sets straight out of build/buy. Brewing one batch and immediately cleaning it did not help. For now, these tea sets are banned from all of my houses.

Message 6 of 13 (4,247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ahh, so this is the reason! I have also placed tea sets in quite a few of my Sims' houses, and never understood why they would always do the "bad smell" animation even though there were no dirty sources around them.

Message 7 of 13 (4,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As of 2/23 this is still a problem for me. Confused It sucks because I love tea and having the set in the living room. Currently, the set is only useable if you can ignore everyone making a bad smell gesture and thought bubble. It doesn't seem to cause a moodlet as of now.

Message 8 of 13 (2,904 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please fix this bug!!!

Message 9 of 13 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just had this bug start happening and it was driving me crazy all day yesterday. Finally figured it out, deleted the set and saved. Purchased a brand new one and once again, same thing. I can't have any of these tea sets on the property, which sucks since I was enjoying them with a previous family. FFS please fix this.

Message 10 of 13 (2,215 Views)