[FIXED] [MWS] Wedding Story Conversation Topics for Married Sims

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] Wedding Story Conversation Topics for Married Sims

★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper My sims just got married and they can ask each other to be flower pal etc and congratulate each other on their marriage, it’s so annoying and makes the conversation wheel very cluttered, like it isn’t already cluttered enough
Message 11 of 20 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. Conversations are already horrible to navigate and now I have to deal with options that don't even make sense? Are they ever going to fix this?

Message 12 of 20 (1,264 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem. It really clutters the conversation menu. I thought about going ahead with getting my sim married to their other lover just to see what happens. Either way it might make for an interesting storyline. I hope it will make these additional conversation options disappear. though not likely.

Message 13 of 20 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Guide

@xochiquetzl_xkvn I was at first confused about it, then realized that vow renewals was made into an event as well. Makes sense that those options would appear. It could be for storytelling purposes like a young couple wanted to get married, but couldn't afford their dream wedding, so they eloped. Now for their vow weddings, they want to do for it like what they would have done for their wedding. I agree that it does clutter the socials, especially when your sim is well-versed in other skills that give them loads of interactions.

Message 14 of 20 (1,226 Views)

★ Pro

At the very least they could put the Wedding topics in their own menu like Club topics. That way they wouldn't clutter up the Friendly menu. This way they'd still be available for Sims planning to renew their vows, but otherwise out of the way.

Message 15 of 20 (1,204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I find this super annoying, and it clutters the social interaction menus. Does anyone know of a mod that gets rid of wedding interaction after the wedding?

Message 16 of 20 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Pro

Bienchen has a mod which make it a lot better, maybe this is something for you? You could try it.

Google Bienchen sims 4 -> downloads -> Gamepacks -> My Weddings Stories -> WeddingGPSocialstweak -> askforweddingroles / misc (or just use all packages in there)

Message 17 of 20 (1,056 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this issue as well, and the issue seems to be that for whatever reason, the wedding roles which add those interactions don't get removed after the sims get married. I was able to fix this by adding a testset to those interactions which checks if the sims are engaged or not, so they will only show up when they are engaged and not when they are married. Will be looking into exactly why the special roles don't get removed upon marriage at some point (I suspect it will be a loot issue of some sort)

Message 18 of 20 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Pro

I thought is because sims can have a wedding renewal. But it will make more sense if sims only get this social interaction if this event would be planned in calendar. (Although still make not sense that you can ask this question your spouse).

All in all, I think we need a revamp for the social menu. Its just so cluttering if you have more DLC. The step with dislike and like was a good one, maybe give us some more sub-categories.

Message 19 of 20 (1,020 Views)

Hero

Your Sims will no longer talk about planning their wedding ceremony after they are married.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (3,392 Views)