by crystalf1ambe1

Original Post

[OPEN] [MWS] Option to select wedding cake doesn't show up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake or buy a wedding cake, put it in inventory and click it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, the option to select a cake for the wedding doesn't show up at all.
What do you expect to see? I see every other option that deals with eating or feeding the cake, but not with selecting it for the wedding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, on the day of Wedding Stories release I played the game with mods. I was super excited until it came to the actual wedding. For one on the actual day, I chose a venue with two arches. I selected one and half of the wedding party went to the other to sit, i tried gathering people around the aisle and they just sat in their chairs, my bride couldn't throw the bouquet and then it suddenly disappeared, before this I had a wedding cake in my inventory, clicking on it did nothing. I couldn't select the cake and was confused when it came to selecting it for the event, but now I know it's because the choice option wasn't showing up. Today I played without mods, my sims were engaged in CAS, I made a bunch of friends using the normal cheats, selected the sims of honor and other sims required for the wedding, threw a dinner rehearsal (which went well), everything's been selected, but the cake. I want to select the cake before my sims get married, so I saved my game and am here now. Even without mods turned on I can't select a cake, I bought one and I made one, both had the same options except one which was to sell to the bakery for the one I bought online. It had every option in the inventory and outside of it, everyone but to select it as a wedding cake. I have no idea why that is, but I'm trying to repair it in origin. Is this a way about this bug/glitch with the cake and probably the future wedding from the complaints I've seen?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (25,094 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Wedding Stories: I can't select a cake

★★★★ Pro

My sim was able to select a cake for the wedding ceremony, both from the counter and from within his inventory. I tried first with a cake someone made:

No description available.

That then showed up in the wedding planning details (which my sim had already planned):

Open photo

I then tried with a purchased cake, this time from in the inventory:

No description available.

It replaced the one previously selected:

Open photo

However, I did notice that only the sim who planned the wedding had the option to select the wedding cake, his fiancé did not have the option. Did you try with both sims?

Best regards,
Jennifer

(Tested in a mod/cc free game, version PC 1.84.197.1030 )

Message 2 of 10 (24,893 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yes

Message 3 of 10 (24,882 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

This is just really a cracked pack altogetherFrown

Message 4 of 10 (24,766 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I checked it without any mods. There is no "Select as cake for wedding ceremony" option on cakes, not on buyed nor baked ones.

Message 5 of 10 (24,501 Views)

Re: [MWS] I can't select a cake

★★★ Newbie

Hello! What helped me: firstly plan the event in advance (via calendar) without cake selected. Then, select the cake. It will be selected also in the pre-planned event.

When I hadn’t the event planned, I had no option for selecting the wedding cake but when planning the event first, it worked well Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (24,345 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This sort of works. I scheduled the wedding first, I then bought a cake. When I clicked on it the cake still didn't have the option to select it, so I went to the calendar to edit the wedding and found out that the color and choice of dresswear being boho or polished were unchecked though I had selected polish and the color yellow before. I got out of the calendar and clicked on the cake again and the option showed. I selected the cake then I went back to the calendar to edit the wedding to check, the cake was there and then I reselected the dress code, I exited the calendar and then rechecked it and the dress code was unchecked and the cake I had selected was gone. So I guess I have to wait for the two new updates that are coming before I play the games where I wanted to do an actual wedding. So I'll just do another new game and if I want my sims to be married I'll have them elope, this is going to too much trouble.

Message 7 of 10 (24,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

For my case, nobody is able to select the cake as the wedding cake. I’ve tried doing it both when it is inside my sim’s inventory and when it’s on a counter, before / after planning the wedding ceremony. I’ve removed all my mods, playing on a Mac, game version is:1.86.166.1230 . It is really frustrating because everybody is literally running to the cake instead of being interested in wedding activities!

Message 8 of 10 (23,204 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] Option to select wedding cake doesn't show up

★ Apprentice
@crystalf1ambe1 I don't know if this is your issue but when I schedule a wedding less than 24 hours before the intended time and I select a cake, it does not show up on the wedding itself. It is not on the bride/groom's inventory at that time. It will magically reappear after the ceremony. Does anyone experience this?
Message 9 of 10 (17,908 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] Option to select wedding cake doesn't show up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Never tried marrying my sims the wedding stories way before tonight, but after running around asking sims to be flower pal etc, then creating the wedding in the calendar, and then baking a cake, selecting topper and inscribing it, I still have no option to select the cake as wedding cake. Tried moving it to different counters and tables, in and out of inventories, but nothing makes any difference. I only get an option to eat the cake or change the topper

Don't know if it makes a difference that this is for a girl+girl wedding. Usually I just let them elope and do the reception, because it's way less glitchy than trying to pull off a wedding ceremony, which is in my experience never works properly

EDIT: So I discovered that bringing the cake to the venue (in the one bride's inventory) and setting it up worked for the cake-related objectives. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but doing it this way worked acceptably. Only I also discovered that the cake apparently isn't good for more than 24 hours, so my girl had to pull out her laptop and order a new one, which thankfully is instant delivery. Also found that setting the wedding outfit merely overwrites their formal outfit, and then they still chose the wrong outfit at the ceremony, so don't see the point in doing it through the calendar.

Message 10 of 10 (10,706 Views)