Re: My Wedding Stories Tea Sets disappear completely

by Anska_Stormblade

Original Post

Re: My Wedding Stories Tea Sets disappear completely

[ Edited ]

I have only had the set disappear in a game with mods, so I can‘t share my file. What I noticed in a game without any mods though is, that sims frequently prepare tea without pouring it, the tea then spoils and the tea set becomes a dirty object that gives sims the „dirty surrounding“ moodlet or make them do the corresponding animation. Because the set doesn‘t have a smelly cloud over it when dirty, this can go unnoticed for a while which matches @JaggidEdje s observation. At the moment I’d guess maids or the game (on household swap) clean what they consider to be spoiled food or trash. 

Also as mentioned by someone above, it sometimes doesn‘t seem to clean properly and makes sim react to it as if it was a dirty object even though it was recently cleaned. I tested this by dragging it in and out of the room in which my neat sim was currently reading. 

Message 11 of 33 (1,441 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MWS] 'Just A Spot of Tea' Tea Set disappears

★★ Novice

I have the same issue as well. I've re-bought the tea set about 4 times now, used it only once, and about the time it was dirty, it just vanishes. At first, I thought it was a conflict with my mod because my Royalty mod does the same thing with a certain item. But I'm glad (and not glad at the same time) to see others are having issues with the tea.

Message 12 of 33 (1,277 Views)

maids/butlers delete the tea sets on auto clean system after houlsehold rotation or travelling

Message 13 of 33 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Guide
@moxhollow I have had tea sets from MWS disappear on me three times on three separate lots, one was residential and the other two were retail. The residential has a butler and the retail of course had employees. Idk if this is a case of over zealous staff throwing away the whole set instead of cleaning it but it certainly is weird and it happens so frequently it’s starting to get expensive to keep replacing, hope this bug gets fixed soon
Message 14 of 33 (1,130 Views)

@Knotwise13 I believe the "auto-clean" system of maids, butlers, retail workers, or waiters in restaurants, when there's a lot change or household rotation, wrongly deletes the tea sets of the house/lot, as if it was a dish, garbage or any object that actually should be removed, instead of actually just cleaning it. My tea sets disappear after the maid doesn't come but I come back to my house and there's the message that the house was cleaned by the maid. After I fired my maid and my butler, the tea sets are safe again, but I can't use them in restaurants, even for decoration only. They are deleted even if they are new and don't need to be cleaned (i.e. never used by any sim).
Message 15 of 33 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, I've been having this issue and kept wondering, what is smeling bad? I could never figure it out until the tea set would disappear and the sims would stop complaining that something was smelling bad. They would always complain even if the tea set was clean and never used. I hope this bug gets fixed soon because the tea set (and the world) are the only reasons I even bothered to buy this bug infested game-pack in the first place.

Message 16 of 33 (1,060 Views)

how can I post a save file if the item disappears when I load the game?

Message 17 of 33 (1,047 Views)

ok, the thing is: I don't know how to make a specific game save for this bug, so my save files are here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8fxxAXl-wGyJLn-Tst8q3OgKkGUq3FV?usp=sharing

load any played household, buy a functional tea set, any one, not just the MWS one, then hire a scheduled maid, keep leaving the house and coming back when it's the maid's work time, if the message that a maid has cleaned the lot, it's very likely all tea sets of the house will be vanished.

try to put a tea set in a restaurant too and leave and come back with it open, and it'll also disappear.

Message 18 of 33 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't see why this bug needs save files, it happens to everyone who owns the set so surely devs could just make their own game and find the bug.

Message 19 of 33 (1,030 Views)

Hero
@khitteh Seems it no longer does. Didn't see the edit on Robo's post. Edited the title now :D

@Arthur Gibraltar You don't need to make a save specifically for a certain bug. Any save game where the error happens reproducibly will do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 33 (1,018 Views)