[BY DESIGN] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

by KariRaiha

Original Post

Re: WASD Camera controls not working when sim is taking a photo

★ Apprentice

Going to keep holding out hope that this gets fixed and we get Freecam again someday with the tripod.

Freecam works with the interior decorator photos, just give that functionality to all cameras!

Message 101 of 112 (1,150 Views)

★★ Apprentice

One more game update, once again the feature disappear, the PhotoCamera.ini "TripodUseFreeCam" return to 0 Angry

Message 102 of 112 (1,112 Views)

★ Guide
@Didier_Dal & changing it no longer helps? Frown

I really miss when this function was *somewhat* fixed...
Message 103 of 112 (1,049 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@xjfo411x yes, it works ... until the next update! Once again with the 7 sept. update, the "TripodUseFreeCam" return to 0 Angry
So boring to have to change this manually with every update. Why they change it with update? I did not change any other value in this file, but I think if I do, it will return to default at any update too. Why there is a config file if we can't configure anything.

... but good thing : dont have to restart the game if you change the ini file while you play Standard smile
Message 104 of 112 (1,021 Views)

★★ Guide

I do not understand how this is not fixed after so long time, when it seems an official fix would be quite easy and the same game mechanic free camera is perfectly functional in another pack. Just extend that functionality to the moschino tripod, like it was before when we paid for it. Many people me included bought moschino pack exclusively for the free camera. The fact that it got removed from the pack and that they are still selling it as perfectly functional is kind of a scam.

Message 105 of 112 (1,014 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict can you remove the "Workaround", as the workaround no longer works, and this is still very much broken.

Message 106 of 112 (993 Views)

Hero
@xjfo411x Done.

But tbh, at this point I don't think they will fix this. It's working on the DHD camera but there photos in the basements are broken so I think that's why they changed it. Just a guess though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 112 (977 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I said the free tripod camera config auto reset when there is a game update, but not only Teeth bared I played two times today and the fist was OK but the second time the free cam cfg was reseted to 0 !!!!! BORING !!!!!

Message 108 of 112 (906 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

★★★★ Apprentice
@KariRaiha So this WAS an actual feature at one point? I'm not going crazy? I got it a couple months/a year after it came out but I'd seen YouTubers use it using WASD, moving all around the room to take pictures...but when I started at 100 baby challenge and tried to take good pictures I had to be very particular about where my tripod is placed and stuff and it was very sad and frustrating. A lot of my pictures are dark/mostly boring. I kinda wish we had more poses too, like one that can fit a whole family (family portrait!!) and things like that. Or toddlers! It's so hard to get adults to pose with toddlers without having to be super zoomed out! Why isn't anyone holding the kid? Or pets??
Message 109 of 112 (671 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MSP] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE, WASD)

★★ Apprentice

More than 2 years after, there is no solution to prevent the TripodUseFreeCam in the PhotoCamera.ini file randomly reset to 0 Disappointed

I think is not a very difficult for the developpers to find why some process write this in this config file!!

I've been playing the sims for over 20 years and I've never seen a bug this long without a fix, even when the game was on CD Shocked

Message 110 of 112 (449 Views)