Re: [OPEN] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

by tiny_tina01

Original Post

Re: movies never finish, stuck watching them?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hi @briana081100 Many other players are reporting having this same issue (I know I am!) so at least you can know it's not just you. It appears to have started with the June 3rd game patch. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon. Here's a link to the Bug Report, please consider clicking the Me Too button on the first post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MHSP-Progress-Bar-doesn-t-Move-while-Watching-Movie/td-p/...

It's still one of my favorite stuff packs for all the cool CAS and Build/Buy items :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 31 of 71 (1,569 Views)

Re: movies never finish, stuck watching them?

Hero (Retired)
@briana081100 I have merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please press the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page for this thread.
Message 32 of 71 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Alright so I was having the same issue about progress bar not moving during movie. I was getting tired of it because I couldn't find a solution. I finally found one! I went into build mode and sold my TV. I bought another one and that seems to work for some reason. Maybe try that and see if it works for you too. 

Message 33 of 71 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Guide
@tiny_tina01 I have, it doesn't work for me. Glad to hear it at least worked for you. 👍
Message 34 of 71 (1,431 Views)

Re: Movies playing in loop since the last update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Playing on Mac, having this bug. If a sim starts to watch a movie, the bar isn't moving anywhere and the action will never end. 

@tiny_tina01 Glad that worked out for you, no difference in my game sadly.

Message 35 of 71 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wanted to add that not only will my Sims sit around and watch a movie forever with no progress (and no accompanying moodlet), the same thing happens with the puppet theater from Kids Room.

Message 36 of 71 (1,292 Views)

Bug in Movie night stuff pack

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every one released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have your sim watch a movie the process bar doesn't move and the movie just starts again
What happens when the bug occurs? the movie doesn't end it just restarts
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the movie to come to an end and not restart
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest patch

there is no screenshots 

Message 37 of 71 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought it was just me, it is not easy to find these reports in Spanish. I hope they fix it soon because I like my Sims to watch movies.

Message 38 of 71 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I hope they will fix this quickly. I currently have a club with full of celebrity actors and actresses. When I gather my club on a Theatre on Del Sol Valley for movie premieres or something like that, (just roleplaying around) it doesn't move a single bit when they try watching a movie together. So we know It's not working on other lots neither.

Message 39 of 71 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sadly no fix for this issue nor the one with the butler :/ Seems like the teams are too busy putting out new stuff and ignoring the old broken ones, sigh. What's the use of buying Nifty Knitting if in the end the whole knitting thing is gonna be bugged with no workarounds and there will be no fix ever? I'm disappointed.

Message 40 of 71 (999 Views)