Re: Movies playing in loop since the last update

by staceylthompson

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yup. My movie theater venue is useless now.

Message 21 of 71 (2,431 Views)

Movie hangout stuff, movies not working

★ Apprentice

I recently purchased the movie hangout pack. I’ve tried getting my sims to watch movies but the timer doesn’t go down whilst watching films; one of my sims sat in front of the tv until she starved. Picture of the timer attached, this just stays the same throughout. 

I’m playing on the Xbox one and other packs I have installed are:- 

City living 

island living 

get famous
cats and dogs

Seasons

discover university

parenthood

realm of magic 

vampires 

Kids room

toddler stuff

tiny living

laundry day

vintage glamour

Message 22 of 71 (2,434 Views)

Re: Movie hangout stuff, movies not working

Hero
@staceylthompson I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 71 (2,403 Views)

★ Apprentice

Me too. 

Message 24 of 71 (2,395 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

★★★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue, movie's never end...

Message 25 of 71 (2,346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so I took a wild guess on what was causing this issue, and I seem to have fixed it for myself...

In the tuning file "statistic/commodity_Object_MovieLength" there's a line that says  "<T n="remove_on_convergence">False</T>". I changed the value into "True", and my sims can finish their movies again. Standard smile

If you have Sims 4 Studio, you can make a bug fix for yourself if you want. (Or use some other program... I don't really know much about coding, I just occasionally try to tweak stuff. :'D)

Message 26 of 71 (2,305 Views)

★ Guide
@Masazki May you explain how to create such a bugfix package? I tried on my own but I'm a full noob with tuning. Or would you share your own bugfix? Seeing my families in endless movie watching loops without being able to talk about the never ending movie is driving me nuts.
Message 27 of 71 (2,265 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LadyFu83 It's quite simple, so I don't mind explaining. Standard smile This only fixes the broken progress bar though. I haven't found a solution for the missing buffs or movie-related topics so far.

Spoiler

1. Open Sims 4 Studio

2. Select "Tools" in the top menu and click on "Create Empty Package"

3. Select your Mods folder, name the package file and click Save

4. Select "Tools" again and click on "Extract Tuning..."

5. In the search field, write "movielength". Only one file should show up.

6. Select the tuning file named "statistic/commodity_Object_MovieLength" and click "Add to current package"

7. Select the "Statistic Tuning" file and change the value of "n=remove_on_convergence" into "True" (the 21st line)

8. Save the file and you're ready to go! Just remember to delete the "localthumbcache" file before opening the game.

Hope this helps! This way it's pretty easy to make small tweaks to the tuning files (mostly changing values and such). Wink

Message 28 of 71 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hey, Crin. The "me too" option is gone, but the issue is still ongoing.
Message 29 of 71 (2,162 Views)

movies never finish, stuck watching them?

★★★★ Novice

hello! about a month ago i purchased the movie stuff pack. when a sim goes to watch a movie, they can never finish the movie. it will say (for example) "Watch Sims of The Dead" but it wont finish unless i make them stop. is there a way to fix this?

Message 30 of 71 (2,182 Views)