Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try deleting rodent cage while having babies in household
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will freak out and crash upon exiting or not work in live/build mode. You also seem to be unable to click on anything.
What do you expect to see? Game not breaking when deleting rodent cage
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here's an example 

Message 12 of 113 (5,564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

Hero

Fixed an issue where deleting/selling the rodent habitat could cause the game to become unresponsive.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

I hope this fixes all the issues with the cage. 

If not, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 111 of 113 (2,715 Views)

All Replies

Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

★★★ Guide

I've had this save for over a year. I remember at first there was a bug saying the cage was a mural painting(Last house had mural paintings), but that went away after reentering the game. At the moment if I delete or even move the cage, the game will break. For example sims will move in build mode or while the game is paused. Didn't get this on the video, but I can't click on anything either. It's annoying bug, because this is my last generation of not so berry. 

I keep having to end task with task manger, because exiting and going to manage world will freeze the game. I keep restarting the game, but the issue remains. 

Message 1 of 113 (5,606 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 113 (5,573 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yes, will do as soon as it's finished uploading 😃
Message 3 of 113 (5,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SproutLee

tested your save and it worked fine on the version where the twins are toddlers. I then loaded an older game where they were still babies and did duplicate the issue. It was like the game didn't really switch to pause mode and the game just crashed on trying to exit.

Do you still see the issue now that they are toddlers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 113 (5,536 Views)

★★★ Guide
I will check that out.
Message 5 of 113 (5,521 Views)

★★★ Guide
I checked and it seems to work just fine after the toddlers aged up. Idk if this happened because it's an old save or because there's an issue with the rodent cage and having babies at the same time. Or Maybe it was just bugged out that one time.
Message 6 of 113 (5,513 Views)

Hero
Hard to tell. Probably best to try next time you have babies and a cage and see if you can duplicate (preferably on a different save)

If it does, make a bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 113 (5,486 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ugh. I'm getting this now. I don't know how to fix it!

Message 8 of 113 (5,480 Views)

Hero

Also after deleting the cage ? Do you have any babies on your lot ?

If so, best thing to do is probably age them up,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 113 (5,475 Views)