Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by MrsKnitterknack

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★ Apprentice

I have also created a video, but am having problems adding it this thread. Is there somewhere that I can share it to you elsewhere? I have noticed that teeth will transfer to all outfits, but not skin details like scars, wrinkles, or freckles, and no tattoos.

Message 21 of 269 (3,089 Views)

★ Pro

@MrsKnitterknack A short video can be uploaded to your profile area and shared. A bigger one you can upload to YouTube or other services and share the link to it.

Message 22 of 269 (3,087 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay cool, I uploaded it via dropbox if that's okay. I don't know how to use YouTube. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d64l7k6qtft391a/Sims4SkinTattooBug720.mov?dl=0

Message 23 of 269 (3,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

MAC player here (2018 mackbook pro), and I'm having the same issue. Have no custom content or mods in my game. Started a new save after the update to test this issue out. Created a sim in CAS who has freckles on her face. I then placed her in a house, and using a mirror did the "change sim" option. The freckles were gone, and when I added them back, they were only on the everyday outfit. When I checked formal, swim, etc, the skin detail wasn't there. They had to be added one by one on each outfit. 

Didn't have the issue pre-update.

Message 24 of 269 (3,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm unexperienced with video making so I don't know how to make one in CAS but I noticed:

On Mac: As you see in SheriGR 's video as soon as you switch between clothing category the skin details and tattoo disappears.

On PC: I can't reconstruct the issue like it's on Mac but I can confirm: As soon as I click the new randomize button for the traits all my skin details and tattoos disappear, too. When I set them new and switch between clothing categories everything is allright. So I think, the problem is the randomize button here. It resets the skin details and tattoos maybe?

I tested this by choosing my traits manually and there I can't reconstruct my issue.

Message 25 of 269 (3,017 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo

I have a recording in CAS here. 
You can use this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9uj3m6v5wyecug/Screen%20Capture2019-06-20%2007_25_21.mov?dl=0

(I remove the sims hair, to make it easier to see the missing skin details)
Message 26 of 269 (2,994 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo Here's a video with 3 different sims. It doesn't matter which skin details, as you'll see, though I didn't try with tattoos. On the video I go through different scenarios, I detailed them all with captions to make it a bit easier (making sure they didn't hide anything crucial UI-wise). It's two "normal" sims and a vampire's dark form. It's in a new save, so as soon as I get brought in CAS by the game. You can see I created two sims before, the bug happened with them too, I just wasn't recording yet.

Also please disregard the hellish lag by the end of the video, at this point my computer was much busier than it usually is when I play, including recording the screen in itself of course. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/pjaTtYS4AFs

Message 27 of 269 (3,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with my CC. Also, if I download a sim from the gallery, same happens.

Im a MAC user. 

Message 28 of 269 (3,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo Sorry I can't upload a video as I am using my 4G and that's a bit too much data. However, it's basically like in the other's videos. 
I have noticed with me though that skin details stick to all outfits, but won't anymore until I either add a tattoo, use the trait randomiser or add another sim in CAS. 
After I have done either of these things the skin details don't apply to all outfits anymore. 

I also noticed that if I apply skin details at the start they do carry over to all outfits, but if I then go back into skin details and make changes a second time, those don't carry over into all the other outfits. 

If I have 'real' internet tonight I can still upload another video if that's necessary, thank you! 

Message 29 of 269 (3,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zozo0513 Same here! Is quite annoying D:
Message 30 of 269 (3,134 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help