[FIXED] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by MrsKnitterknack

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★ Apprentice
@Wintreaux Oh my gosh, that is awesome! I was just coming to check and see if there were any updates. I’m getting bored without the Sims. Lol
Message 271 of 292 (2,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@WintreauxThat's great news! Maybe I'll delay the Karen haircut then hehe. 😂

Message 272 of 292 (2,248 Views)

★★ Novice

Do we have a fix date for this issue? It's incredibly frustrating to have to re-do all of these details 10 times....

Message 273 of 292 (2,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh thank god!! I hope it's true

Message 274 of 292 (2,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Wintreaux Soooooo hope it’s true!!! Please! Please!
Message 275 of 292 (2,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh thank god i hope it’s legit 🥺 i’ve been playing on my windows laptop for the last couple months bc i haven’t been able to play on my imac but a 13 inch screen versus a 27 inch screen is... a lot.  i’ve missed playing it on my mac so much.

Message 276 of 292 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For anyone still having this problem, I've discovered a MOD solution at least in the mean time. The mod UnifyHMT will match the Hair, Makeup, and/or Tattoos from everyday outfit #1 to every other existing outfit for the character (including nude). This also works for HOT and COLD outfits IF you use the fan-edited version which includes Seasons (the OG creator vanished before it came out). I'll still include the Original site for the instructions but I STRONGLY recommend you read the comments first for help and the fan-edited link (which I'll also provide but still go to the site as it requires instructions). Also, do NOT (repeat NOT) unzip the folder. Just put it in your mods folders still zipped. I don't know why or how, but that's how it works. If you unzip it, it won't work. 

Original Page with instructions (not-recommended for download though, so read the comments for the real download)

<Removed by CM>

Obviously links were removed. Forgot I can't share them directly, was just frustrated and trying to help, however just google UnifyHMT amd look for it on Mod The Sims and open the comments section to find the real link to the newer (working) mod. It should be called "Cindereous UnifyHMT" instead of the original "Lynire" version. 

And in case you refuse to open the first link and just downloaded the second link blindly, here's a brief rundown on instructions.
1. Design your character with the perfect makeup, hair, and tattoos in Everyday #1 only (you can still edit other outfits, but they'll be adjusted anyways and the mod only draws from this outfit).

2. EXIT CAS. Does NOT work while in CAS, and make sure the character is wearing Outfit #1. (it's not necessary to be in the outfit, however several comments stated it didn't work sometimes if you're not in the outfit already)

3. In Live Mode ONLY, open Cheat commands (shift+Ctrl+C) and type one of several prompts:

- unifyhmt h m t - Repeats the hair, make up, and tattoos of whatever characters is currently being played. You can also spell out Hair, Makeup, and/or Tattoos for the same result but just using the letter is easy enough.

unifyhmt Bella Goth h m t - Same as above only selects Bella Goth (as an NPC, or use the name of ANY character in game) instead of the player controlled character. You can also just use just one of the three letters much like the three options below to change only one item.

unifyhmt h - Only replaces hair of selected character. You can also spell out hair and it still works if you want or type a name for a specific NPC character.

- unifyhmt m - Only replaces makeup of selected character. You can also spell out makeup and it still works if you want or type a name for a specific NPC character.

unifyhmt t - Only replaces tattoos of selected character. You can also spell out tattoo and it still works if you want or type a name for a specific NPC character.

4. You'll know it worked if the Cheat Command window suddenly fills with text stating it replaced the outfits. If nothing pops up, mod didn't work and you either need to get the other mod, or check and make sure you didn't unzip the folder.

That's the general gist but I still recommend reading the instructions above. I can verify this works all the way up to the Moschino pack but ONLY if you get the second version of the mod, which you can also find in the comment thread of the original mod. I'm only including the original mod for the instructions but I assure you it does NOT work anymore.

I recently made a heavily tattooed character based on a real person (think Kat Von D but, not her) so i downloaded a TON of CC tattoos that needed careful selection to match the real-world counterpart, and doing that for all 40 outfits, not to mention the inaccessible nude outfit, was impossible with this stupid bug, and this mod saved me soooooooo much stress and time. Seriously is a life saver but even more frustrating that some kid on his personal computer fixed this bug ages ago, and EA still says they're working on it. Sounds like hard work guys, geez.

Message 277 of 292 (1,725 Views)

★ Apprentice

Soooo...am I the only one that still has this problem with skin details, etc?? Devil

Message 278 of 292 (1,219 Views)

Hero
@curlygiuls It's still an open issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 279 of 292 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still have themmm

Message 280 of 292 (1,165 Views)