by tabbi_lea

Original Post

CAS Bug?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and select a skin detail, then switch outfits. The skin detail that was previously on the Sim is not there anymore.
What happens when the bug occurs? When putting skin details on my Sims, they disappear when switching outfits in CAS.
What do you expect to see? Skin details staying on my Sims when switching outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this occurred with the recent patch. (June 18, 2019)

I am not sure if this has been posted already but it seems that after the patch, putting skin details on my Sims have become a repeated process. I've taken out my CAS mods to see if that was the problem, but unfortunately, the same thing happened. I then thought my CC skin and eyelashes were broken, but that was not the case either. I had added a non CC mole/freckle to my Sim's face, and then with switching the outfit, I had to put said mole/freckle back on. This was repeated with every outfit. Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when creating new Sims.

Message 71 of 292 (3,116 Views)

Re: CAS Bug?

Hero
@sprootle This is currently a known issue on macs. I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 292 (3,485 Views)

★ Novice

The same issue. I'm a MAC user, too.

Message 73 of 292 (3,478 Views)

Re: Island Living CAS problems

Hero
@EdenSimmer Are you on a mac or PC ? You mean the skin details and tattoos, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 292 (2,842 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on mac and also have this issue.

Message 75 of 292 (3,238 Views)

Re: Island Living CAS problems

★★★ Novice
@crinrict yes! Skin details and tattoos just copy over. I don't usually have problems with my game so I'm not sure really how I'm to report stuff like this
Message 76 of 292 (2,831 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i'm a mac user as well and i'm having the same issue. do we know if it'll be fixed any time soon? i know these things take time but i make a lot of outfits for my sims so it's really annoying.

Message 77 of 292 (3,167 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, using a 2017 macbook air. I've been trying to use CC skin overlays, freckles, etc and they disappear from outfit to outfit, but mine also seem to disappear in game? at first I thought it was a cc issue, but clearly it's overall skin details. 

Message 78 of 292 (3,135 Views)

Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to skin details and tattoos and trying to have it applied to all outfits
What happens when the bug occurs? every time
What do you expect to see? I click on skin or tattoo, gets selected and then the skin details or tattoos don't apply to all outfits
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest patch Island Living

I am not sure if it's only me but when I create a sim and choose a skin for every day it doesn't stay defaulted when I go from everyday to formal or gym I have to keep selecting the same skin and same goes for tattoos could this just be a mac issue?

Message 79 of 292 (3,126 Views)

Re: Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★ Novice

I’m using Mac too, and I have to manually choose every skin details/tattoos in different outfit categories too. Please fix this, I’m taking too much time in CAS. 😭

Message 80 of 292 (3,094 Views)