Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

by MrsKnitterknack

Original Post

★ Guide

I have also created a video, but am having problems adding it this thread. Is there somewhere that I can share it to you elsewhere? I have noticed that teeth will transfer to all outfits, but not skin details like scars, wrinkles, or freckles, and no tattoos.

Message 21 of 292 (4,476 Views)

Champion

@MrsKnitterknack A short video can be uploaded to your profile area and shared. A bigger one you can upload to YouTube or other services and share the link to it.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 292 (4,474 Views)

★ Guide

Okay cool, I uploaded it via dropbox if that's okay. I don't know how to use YouTube. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d64l7k6qtft391a/Sims4SkinTattooBug720.mov?dl=0

Message 23 of 292 (4,475 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

MAC player here (2018 mackbook pro), and I'm having the same issue. Have no custom content or mods in my game. Started a new save after the update to test this issue out. Created a sim in CAS who has freckles on her face. I then placed her in a house, and using a mirror did the "change sim" option. The freckles were gone, and when I added them back, they were only on the everyday outfit. When I checked formal, swim, etc, the skin detail wasn't there. They had to be added one by one on each outfit. 

Didn't have the issue pre-update.

Message 24 of 292 (4,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm unexperienced with video making so I don't know how to make one in CAS but I noticed:

On Mac: As you see in SheriGR 's video as soon as you switch between clothing category the skin details and tattoo disappears.

On PC: I can't reconstruct the issue like it's on Mac but I can confirm: As soon as I click the new randomize button for the traits all my skin details and tattoos disappear, too. When I set them new and switch between clothing categories everything is allright. So I think, the problem is the randomize button here. It resets the skin details and tattoos maybe?

I tested this by choosing my traits manually and there I can't reconstruct my issue.

Message 25 of 292 (4,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo

I have a recording in CAS here. 
You can use this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9uj3m6v5wyecug/Screen%20Capture2019-06-20%2007_25_21.mov?dl=0

(I remove the sims hair, to make it easier to see the missing skin details)
Message 26 of 292 (4,381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo Here's a video with 3 different sims. It doesn't matter which skin details, as you'll see, though I didn't try with tattoos. On the video I go through different scenarios, I detailed them all with captions to make it a bit easier (making sure they didn't hide anything crucial UI-wise). It's two "normal" sims and a vampire's dark form. It's in a new save, so as soon as I get brought in CAS by the game. You can see I created two sims before, the bug happened with them too, I just wasn't recording yet.

Also please disregard the hellish lag by the end of the video, at this point my computer was much busier than it usually is when I play, including recording the screen in itself of course. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/pjaTtYS4AFs

Message 27 of 292 (4,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with my CC. Also, if I download a sim from the gallery, same happens.

Im a MAC user. 

Message 28 of 292 (4,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo Sorry I can't upload a video as I am using my 4G and that's a bit too much data. However, it's basically like in the other's videos. 
I have noticed with me though that skin details stick to all outfits, but won't anymore until I either add a tattoo, use the trait randomiser or add another sim in CAS. 
After I have done either of these things the skin details don't apply to all outfits anymore. 

I also noticed that if I apply skin details at the start they do carry over to all outfits, but if I then go back into skin details and make changes a second time, those don't carry over into all the other outfits. 

If I have 'real' internet tonight I can still upload another video if that's necessary, thank you! 

Message 29 of 292 (4,590 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zozo0513 Same here! Is quite annoying D:
Message 30 of 292 (4,521 Views)