Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MAC] Edge smoothing broken

★★ Guide

imac

no anti-virus, the repair didn't help and no cc or mods are used 

Message 11 of 24 (1,273 Views)

@MarleyTheWizard @smallmeme @x_Pipco_x @Ladybug_COB @maddyawest 

Thanks all for the info, really appreciated Standard smile You're all running pretty low spec. Macs so it's not unreasonable to expect the graphics to be sub-par on older integrated Intel chips. As the game has more content added and technology advances older hardware struggles to keep up. However, this may be a fixable bug so this bug forum is definitely the right place for your posts.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 24 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Specs for my computer.

Message 13 of 24 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I'm not running any antivirus. Tried to repair the game and it did nothing. I do use CC and Mods but I took them out and it didn't make a difference. There's a constant flickering but also my game keeps crashing. I messed around with the graphics and the only thing that seems to help is turning the edge smoothing off but then the game looks super bad. Game worked fine with all settings on high before the update. 

Message 14 of 24 (1,117 Views)

★★ Novice

the exact same thing is happening to me its so frustrating

Message 15 of 24 (1,096 Views)

★★ Guide

My mid-2015 MacBook Pro is having lighting issues in game, and the game has crashed my laptop twice. My laptop has never crashed before. I'm not sure if this is the same issue or not.

Message 16 of 24 (1,067 Views)

Re: Edge smoothing broken

★ Apprentice

I’m a Mac user and a mod/cc user in the Sims4. My game updated with the newest patch on Nov. 12th. When I opened my game my latest save was crazy glitchy. It was blinking and the screen was shifting and jumping and in the upper right corner would flash this rainbow prism that would get randomly get bigger and smaller. I took out all my mods and cc and opened a new save and the glitching would still continue, but a lot less severely. Even with my game running without mods or cc, and even after repairing the game and restoring it to factory settings and setting my game options to the lowest graphics quality, my games screen is still glitching and doing really weird things with the UI after running it for a little while.

I’m playing on a MacBook Pro OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (13 inch, mid 2012). A 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor. 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory. Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I don’t know what to do next in hopes of getting my game back to normal. Please help!!

Message 17 of 24 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. My game also ran smoothly on my 2013 Mac with the highest graphic settings. But I reset my computer, deleted everything, and reinstalled OS Catalina and now the game screen glitches a lot and it only happens when I turn on Edge Smoothing to any setting, you can hardly read the text when it's on.

Message 18 of 24 (971 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] Edge smoothing broken

★ Novice

I have the same issue with edge smoothing not working. Never had any issues with it before Frown I don't see much difference at all when I switch between low, medium or high. It just looks awful. My game also crashes way more often than before. So annoying. I don't even want to play anymore. And I won't buy a new macbook after 4 years since it works perfectly in all other ways. 

Message 19 of 24 (898 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC] Edge smoothing broken

Hero
@toooticki You might wanna post in the Mac forum for help with the crashing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (896 Views)