by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[OPEN] [MAC] Edge smoothing broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, my first pet stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, romantic garden stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game, change edge smoothing settings to low.
What happens when the bug occurs? Low edge smoothing has jagged edges. Medium causes screen glitching and long load times.
What do you expect to see? Some difference between no and low edge smoothing. Screen to not glitch on medium, load speeds to be normal on medium.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue appeared after downloading 1.58.63.1210

After updating to the most recent version edge smoothing doesn't work properly. Attached are screenshots with the game running with no edge smoothing, low edge smoothing, and medium smoothing. I don't have screenshots from before the most recent patch but low edge smoothing was my default and it used to look more like the medium screenshot than the current low one. 

I'm also having issues with medium edge smoothing, it causes the bottom of my screen to glitch out although unfortunately I haven't been able to get a picture of that. When I set the game to medium edge smoothing it also took unreasonably long to load into my lot, probably about 5x as long as it usually takes. I was looking at the loading screen for a solid minute at least. 

I haven't tested high edge smoothing.

Message 1 of 24 (5,118 Views)

Re: Edge smoothing broken

Hero
@smallmeme What kind of Mac are you using ? What's your specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (5,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’m having similar issues since the latest update on my 2014 Mac Mini. The glitch on the bottom is nerve racking. 

Message 3 of 24 (5,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm a mac user - also having this issue since the last update. I have my edge smoothing set to medium and I get heavy glitching over the UI bar (no matter what size it is set to) 

Message 4 of 24 (4,968 Views)

@smallmeme @Ladybug_COB @maddyawest 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Providing this information will help try and narrow down the cause. Please provide ALL the info asked for Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 24 (4,920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Mac mini (late 2014)

processor: 2.6 ghz dual-core intel core i5

memory: 8 Fb 1600 MHz ddr3

graphics: Intel iris 1536 mb

Message 6 of 24 (4,908 Views)

@Ladybug_COB

Can you please provide ALL the info asked for in my link? You’ve missed out the macOS version and the questions asked. It’s really important we get a full picture of your system Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 24 (4,886 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mac OS Version 10.15 - Catalina

Macbook Air (13 inch, Early 2014)

Processor - 1.4 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB

No mods or CC, running AVG antivirus.

Message 8 of 24 (4,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Sorry! Pays to read don’t it! Lol

macOS Catalina version 10.15.1

Yes mods and CC. I removed all and part to see if it fixed the problem but same issue. No antivirus running. And I didn’t know about repair so I could try.

UPDATE: Did a Game Repair and nothing’s changed. Actually it’s worse 😩 it’s crashing now

Message 9 of 24 (4,846 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MAC] Edge smoothing broken

★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue since the latest patch... Even with edge smoothing off, the display is extremely glitchy especially in create a sim.

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

MacBook Air 13 inch (2017)

Processor - 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

No Antivirus

Repairing the game didn't help

The issue occurs even without mods or cc

Message 10 of 24 (4,799 Views)