[OPEN] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world view

by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

Re: Lots with terrain elevation appear darker in manage world

Hero (Retired)

@VelvetLilys I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 11 of 28 (1,692 Views)

Lots Change in Map View after Placing Pond

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (aside from kits).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a pond, then go to Manage Worlds view.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Manage Worlds/Map view, the lot on which you just placed a pond suddenly looks very strange and all terrain/terrain paint is visible.
What do you expect to see? A normal view from Manage Worlds that fits the rest of the map & lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch (20-07-2021).

After updating to the newest patch and creating a pond, the lot I worked on suddenly looks very strange from Manage Worlds view - namely, it shows all terrain and terrain paint and stands out from the rest of the map by a lot. Bulldozing the terrain fixes the issue, but as soon as I placed another pond, the issue came back. Checked on another lot, and the same thing happened. I also saved the lot (including pond) to my library and placed it in another save, and it still looked the same, strange way in Manage Worlds. I don't have any mods in my game at the moment. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. 

Message 12 of 28 (1,666 Views)

Re: Lots Change in Map View after Placing Pond

Hero
@Fierande Looks the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lots-with-manipulated-terrain-look-realistic-strange-in/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (1,655 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, it's exactly like that! I've never had this issue before, but now after updating to this patch and placing ponds, every lot with a pond in my game gets it. Frown 

Message 14 of 28 (1,651 Views)

Hero
@Fierande Going to merge this then. Seems any kind of terrain manipulation can cause it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (1,643 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I always had that on lots with terrain manipulation, since they imlemented it in game. I think it might be by design, to indicate there is terrain manipulation? I personaly like it, but I dont know, the saturated green trunks in Brindleton Bay annoyed me more in comparison! Thinking eheh

Message 16 of 28 (1,608 Views)

★ Guide
@Francoisf30 Interesting! I never had this issue before on lots with terrain manipulation, so for me this is a first! In my game, it also seems to happen only when ponds are placed, and not with other forms of terrain manipulation. I'm gonna play around with it some more today and see what happens.

It does make me wish the whole map was like it... I'd have liked it a lot, if it didn't stand out like a sore thumb from the rest of the map. 😅
Message 17 of 28 (1,591 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world view

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if there is another report for this, but this was the closest one I could find to my problem. After I built a very deep pond on a lot, I could see the underground from world view. Picture included.

Message 18 of 28 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue, but it additionally appears from the selection screen like the lot isn't completely inside the boundary of the lot (no mods)

Message 19 of 28 (1,525 Views)

★ Guide
@canofbutter I can confirm I have the same issue with and without mods/cc - as soon as I edit the lot using terrain paint I get this strange look in map view + in Henford Bagley wrong outline cut on the map.
The terrain paint issue happens on all lots. I had the issue in Oasis Springs 50x50 lot, too (the one with the EA preset park)
Message 20 of 28 (1,508 Views)