by Kaldir

Original Post

[OPEN] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world view

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack installed except My first pet stuff and Realm of magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing/building any lot with manipulated terrain.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot (with manipulated terrain) looks realistic in world view and it looks very strange in comparison to all the other lots in that world.
What do you expect to see? To make the lot (with manipulated terrain) seem like any other lot in world view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic on world view and it just looks very strange in comparison to the other lots. I don't know if this is the same bug as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Digging-terrain-causes-glitch-in-lot-appearance-in/td-p/7... but it's comparable.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 28 (7,699 Views)

Re: Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world view

Hero
@Aesthetixtect Please add a picture of what you're seeing in your game.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (7,626 Views)

★ Guide

I have 2 screenshots, 1 in Oasis Springs and the other in Newcrest. 

Message 3 of 28 (7,617 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue. It's not game-breaking, but it looks really weird in world view. I noticed it first when placing the Tiny Home Starter lot that Maxis released shortly after the Tiny Living release. It has terraforming built in. It's the orange lot on the screenshot.

I've also tested it with a random lot next to it by raising the terrain a bit in one corner. If I raise terrain that has nothing on it, nothing changes in world view. But if I raise terrain with something on it, in this case a tree and a fence, the whole lot immediately looks over-saturated in world view and changes from the Oasis Springs yellow color to the green color from the lot. When I flatten the lot, it goes back to normal. This is the green lot on the screenshot.

I don't terraform in my own builds, so haven't noticed it before. I don't know if this is a new bug with a recent patch or has been there for a long time.

(edited for clarity and grammar)

Message 4 of 28 (7,599 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Is this even really a bug? Since it only occurs when an object is placed on a hill or any other terrain manipulated ground, because maybe they didn't add an icon yet for terrain manipulated ground on the lot (when you see it from worldview). They can't show floating objects on the lot appearance on the world view screen.
Message 5 of 28 (7,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aesthetixtect I really can't say. I basically just forward what you guys report (unless it's an obvious non-bug or a mod issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (7,520 Views)

★ Guide

Just adding I don't know if it is a bug or not but this strange map view has occurred since terrain editing was added in a patch so it has not just started after the recent content.

Message 7 of 28 (7,496 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Been having the exact same issue. Game has latest patch (1.61.15.1020). I've noticed it before this with a Lot in Newcrest (can't remember everything I had then), but again after Tiny Living so I only have a screen of that.

Message 8 of 28 (7,420 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world

★ Guide
@Aesthetixtect I'm having it too. I thought it was my mods or CC because I know CC that alters the terrain exists, but it happens with my mods out. It’s irritating, to be honest.
Message 9 of 28 (6,832 Views)

Lots with terrain elevation appear darker in manage world

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Whenever I modify the terrain of a lot and I go back to manage worlds the color of the lot grass is darker than the rest of the map. Is this normal?  I have seen it before in my game but as it never made a difference (except annoying me) on the game play I didn’t do anything

it happens with and without objects on the lot. One of the lots on the picture has a house and the other two have nothing

Message 10 of 28 (6,582 Views)