Re: [OPEN] Lots with manipulated terrain look realistic/strange in world view

by mariahfish

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm. This already happened before the latest patch with every terrain edited lot. It's not gamebreaking but it's there. And it looks weird.

Message 21 of 28 (1,430 Views)

Lots that using terrain and pond tool have weird appearance in map

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to use the terrain or pond tool and the lot from map view have a weird appearance
What happens when the bug occurs? the lot from map have a weird appearance after using terrain or pond tool
What do you expect to see? The lot have normal appearance like the lots that not using terrain or pond tool
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the lot from map have a weird appearance after using terrain or pond tool

this is always happen in every lot that using pond or terrain tool

Message 22 of 28 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Noticed this was a problem when I started making ponds. My game is up to date, mods removed. I'm attaching a photo of Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs with a pond on the lot. 

Message 23 of 28 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been seeing this in my game as well.
It only seems to happen once the terrain reaches a certain steepness (once the isolines appear when the terrain tool is active). Attached are some images of that.

sims4_terrain_map_view1 flat.jpgsims4_terrain_map_view2 steepness.jpgsims4_terrain_map_view3 steepness.jpg

I like seeing the edited terrain on the map, and the contrast is not as jarring on really busy lots (see below) but I do wish the "blank" lot color was less dark so it fit the rest of the map.

sims4_terrain_map_view.jpg

Message 24 of 28 (1,300 Views)

★ Guide
@fischdeo i just tested my game, you're right. If i make my pond deeper it will show weird in the map, but if i make the pond not too deep, it's fine in the map.
Message 25 of 28 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I am also seeing this issue:
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.06.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.07.24 AM.png

However, in my case it doesn't seem to be related to the use of terrain height tools. For instance, in Newcrest I just tried placing a copy of the farmhouse, which uses terrain height, (right corner of Newcrest screenshot), onto the other 40x30 lot by the lake... and it looked the same as it does in the screenshot above - normal. The yard and terrain paint used for that farmhouse lot would be similar to the larger one by the lake (which does not look normal in worldview). I don't paint the entire lot/grass. I just paint certain paths, dirt, etc.

I'm on Mac, fully updated, own all packs, and never use Mods/CC.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 26 of 28 (1,164 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

still getting this issue. even on virgin install and with maxis created lots (tiny home starter for example)

Message 27 of 28 (917 Views)

★ Guide

This is still an issue.

Message 28 of 28 (495 Views)