Re: Lots are not correctly presented on World Maps

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[OPEN] Lots shown incorrectly in map view (Patch 1.77)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs except for Journey to Batuu and Oasis Courtyard kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new save and go to the map view in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The park lots are shifted in the map view.
What do you expect to see? The park lots are supposed to be centered in the map view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The latest patch did not fix the issue, even though it was supposed to be fixed.
No mods installed, localthumbcache deleted, tested with multiple new saves.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (2,673 Views)

Re: Lots shown incorrectly in map view

Champion

@ImKersha Hello!  Honestly, I've never noticed these lots were off center before.  I saw the same thing you did in my game as well so I decided to do some investigating.  I found that if you click on the park lot, then go into build mode and back out to the worlds map, the lots are no longer off center.  It's not a fix to the underlying problem but at least you'll have the proper placement in the map.  One thing to note is that, for Magnolia Blossom in Willow Creek, the orientation of the lot changes in the Worlds view.  Here are some images to illustrate what I'm talking about.

This is the initial view of Magnolia Blossom; same as what you shared.
MagnoliaBlossom1.png

This is after I went into Build Mode and backed out to the map. (Note: I think this is what it's supposed to look like based on the placement of the river and walking paths in build or live mode.)
MagnoliaBlossom2.png

This is when I went back to build mode to change the orientation to match World view. (Note: In this orientation, the river and paths don't line up in live / build mode so it's obvious this was not the intended orientation.)
MagnoliaBlossom3.png

Here is the initial view of Desert Bloom; same as what you shared.
DesertBloom1.png

This is after I went into Build Mode and backed out to World View.
DesertBloom2.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 16 (2,646 Views)

[CoL] 2 Olde Mill Lane - Lot placed outside the Lot box

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs & kits BUT: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic / Strangerville / Vampires SP: MFPS / Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis / Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a lot (from Manage worlds view / In build mode) on the 2 Olde Mill Lane in HoB.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Lot is placed outside the lot in Manage world view / Map view.
What do you expect to see? The lot showing as placed inside the Lot box in Manage world view / Map view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living EP (installed at the release day).

The lot on 2 Olde Mill Lane (HoB) is placed outside the Lot box in Manage world / Map view. This bug has been there since the start.

-I tested with different lots from the gallery (same issue every time)
-I tested with both BB.objects on / off
-Tested to both put down the lot in B&B mode / From Map view

Message 3 of 16 (2,648 Views)

Re: Lots shown incorrectly in map view

★★★★★ Apprentice

The thumbnail of "mid of nowhere" lot on the island in Windenburg is still facing the wrong way in the map.

It should rotate 90 degrees clockwise.

I'm glad to see a lot of other lots fixed. I hope this time around the sims team addresses this as soon as possible, not in a few years...

Also, Spazi has a lot rotation fix, still relevant after 3 years.... I hope mentioning the mod is permitted as long as I don't link it.

Message 4 of 16 (2,568 Views)

Terrain glitch on the Henford-On-Bagley map

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion other than Eco Lifestyle. Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat. Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Moschino, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house on 2 Olde Mill Lane and (unsure) edit the terrain in any form including terrain paint.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot shows up darker than the rest of the world and appears slightly out of the positon it's meant to be in when exiting onto the map.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the lot showing up normally on the map, blending into the rest of the world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't think the mods really affect this is any way because I haven't touched ts4 for a while, until I bought Cottage Living on the 31st August. I removed my outdated mods (the only mods I ever use are MCCC and UI cheats) I build the house the day after, and that's when the glitch happened. Yesterday I reinstalled my mods, nothing changed. Also, I apologise if the lot in the screenshot is not 2 Olde Mill Lane, I changed the lot name and that's what I remember it to be.

Message 5 of 16 (2,555 Views)

Re: Terrain glitch on the Henford-On-Bagley map

Hero
@Stoopyxxx I merged your thread with the bug on the issue with the map lots showing wrong on the map

For the terrain, please also me too this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Lots-with-manipulated-terrain-look-realistic-stran...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (2,532 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't give me the option to me too. Also I'm very sorry about having to merge the threads, I figured that would happen after I made my own topic. I wouldn't have made my own, but I couldn't find this thread anywhere.

Message 7 of 16 (2,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Stoopyxxx Then you probably already me too'd the thread at some point :D

Do make sure you check the first page.

Also, don't worry about it. It's sometimes hard to find the correct thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (2,496 Views)

Lots are not correctly presented on World Maps

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A few lots are not correctly presented on World Maps. That includes

• not showing in the right direction (like three lots in Evergreen Harbor)

• not fitting in the white lined lot box (like the park in Willow Creek).

Message 9 of 16 (2,485 Views)

Re: Lots are not correctly presented on World Maps

@LUTOOLU

Yep, it's been like that since the game was launched. All worlds have some sort of borked visuals in the map, just the way it is. The maps are a creative representation of what the world is like in lot/sim view and bears little to no resemblance whatsoever of the actual layout at ground level.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 16 (2,457 Views)