Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Lots placing backwards

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All game packs, laundry day, cool kitchen, perfect patio, backyard, kids room, fitness, and vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place problematic lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot places backwards
What do you expect to see? Lot placing normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Lots are placing backwards when placed on same sized lot on opposite side of the street. Lot cannot be turned: message occurs: 'conflicting terrain restraints' - In order for me to get the lot to turn it always comes down to deleting the pool and a set of stairs (like stairs off the deck). I know there has been a lot placing backwards problem since terrain tools with the error ' room cannot be found', but Ive not seen this new message until the recent patch or had this problem since the recent patch. 

Message 1 of 27 (5,900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lots placing backwards

Hero

Fixed an issue that caused Lots downloaded from The Gallery to be placed backwards and not being able to rotate them to an appropriate view.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (4,701 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@schnuck01 Does this happen on all lots for all houses or do you have a link to a gallery lot that happens with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (5,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict - This is happening on ALL lots that used terrain tools, have a pool and exterior stairs. I tested multiple houses, and 100% placed backwards when placed opposite. I also had a friend test with her builds and same thing. Even a new build I am currently working on placed backwards on an opposite facing lot. You can test this lot https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/307E9B3B178F11E9814A8C7810F253DA?category=lo...  In Newcrest if placed on 'Hillside Highlands' it places normal, when placed on 'Asphalt Abodes' it places backwards.

*Wanted to add - I had to delete the pool, all stairs and the flooring of the deck that pool was in to get this to rotate.

** I changed it to ALL and 100% because the lot I had that originally didn't place backwards on 2 lots I tried DID place backwards when I placed it on 'Hillside Highlands' (The lot was originally built in OS)

Message 3 of 27 (5,815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also experienced my lots placing backwards, seems to happen when placing a lot that uses both terrain tools and pools together. I place this lot of mine ….. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FCE3125180B911E980893A2BA909C664?category=al... …. which uses both terrain tools and has an inground pool and I had to delete front stairs (  I could leave back stairs thou) to get the lot to rotate. 

Message 4 of 27 (5,768 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tested this lot for you, indeed the lot you listed also placed backwards for me on asphalt abode. 

I tested several of my builds that have all the things you listed, placed correctly and rotated with no problems.

I have found the same bug for two of my builds, which have terrain work right up to the white line. (On my gallery catalog they're called broken front porch & 4br subsoil)

Your build style maximises the use of the lot and I think that may be causing some of the issues- the builds of mine that I could rotate do not have much going on around the white line point, so perhaps this is why it has not been more widely reported?  They definitely need to look at the rotate lot function of they haven't already.

Message 5 of 27 (5,759 Views)

★★ Guide

@KlaireWaffle I placed your 5 BR Modern Family on one of the  50x50's in willow creek and it also placed backwards. I will check more in a bit. 

Message 6 of 27 (5,749 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried editing my reply, but it took me to a nonexistent page.  

Now that I'm testing more of my builds, more are unrotatable than I originally thought!  

And I've been informed that some only bug on certain lots.

What a nightmare!

Message 7 of 27 (5,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01  @KlaireWaffle I also had this happen when placing this lot of mine in my game this weekend. Place on "Hillside Highlands" in Newcrest to place correctly. (The backward one was when placing on "Fern Park" in Newcrest - a street perpendicular to the first lot). I am a meticulous placement tester. It had placed correctly on the same lot before the pre-IL patch. I did also use terrain tools and it has 2 pools.
Edit: I'm on Mac, have all packs, all updates, never had Mods/CC... and the issue is still present after the October patch.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8C954B93E6F011E98A9BFCF935A43D4000.jpgbackward.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 27 (5,714 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lots placing backwards

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this very same issue, exactly as posted.  This started happening since the latest patch.

Message 9 of 27 (5,649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lots placing backwards

★★★★★ Novice

I've tested some of my own builds and some of the gallery, from the 8 that I tested they all got placed backwards.

Tried with both no CC and with CC/mods and results are the same.

Also had this issue since the last patch.

Message 10 of 27 (5,595 Views)