Re: [OPEN] Lot taxes seem too low

by Francoisf30

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Looks like the housing market crashed; all our Sims' homes are now worthless on the real estate market lol.

Message 71 of 114 (1,292 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Lot taxes seem too low

★★★★ Guide
@janyses So true, I wish university was not that cheap, and also that we have very expensive cars to spend money on and second home... and the bills... its not just about the 300 simoleons, its also about the water/electricity consuption that is ridiculous in my opinion. We should be struggleling to pay the bills...
Message 72 of 114 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EmeraldLaura Yes, and I try the money cheat last day, and it seems to be broken for me.
Message 73 of 114 (1,232 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Francoisf30 If you don't mind using mods, here is one that makes Uni and the related classes more expensive. It's a must-have mod for me, but this is definitely a situation where I shouldn't have to rely on mods. Higher education is not cheap, and I need my sims to struggle after graduating. https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-costs-31623191
Message 74 of 114 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Francoisf30 did you try 'money' ? when you tipe in this with the amount of money after it you can manipulate it, this was working for me. one thing is you have to calculate yourself how many you wanna pay and tipe in the rest that remains.
Message 75 of 114 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same here. My richest sims have capped out on their earnings 9,999,999.  Even giving each new gen 1mil they're still ridiculously wealthy. I miss having my sims scramble to find money for taxes.

Message 76 of 114 (1,052 Views)

Re: Lot taxes seem too low after June update

★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd It's probably a bug because my sims do the same things every day, so they watch tv for the exact same time, bathe often and so on, the taxes will be random, it seems that they generate random numbers for the bills, as I could not see any difference between saving water/power, nor setting Auto-Lights for all lots instead of leaving them on.
Message 77 of 114 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer I have noticed this too, it absolutely must be a bug and it's a bit daft that there's just been a patch released which doesn't address this. As many others have already stated, the bills were already too low. Now they're nerfed to the point of absolute insignificance.

Given that the pack is supposed to promote eco-living as being potentially more cost-effective, it's silly that a bug which makes this feature redundant hasn't been addressed immediately.

I haven't been able to find a mod which fixes this as a workaround yet. If anyone finds one please do share!
Message 78 of 114 (932 Views)

Hero (Retired)

These base bills, identical for all homes, it isn't a bug but it was unfortunately changed by devs. Unfortunately, it affected everyone regardless of whether they have or not an Eco-living pack. It was invented just for this last pack. It is intended for those players who want to change the ecological footprint of the lot.
In general - because there are still a lot of other conditions - if you lower this bill to zero using only devices that have a green ecological footprint, or improve those that have like a TV industrial ecological footprint so that these devices lose this industrial footprint and consume less electricity, then your ecological footprint the lot will change to green and the appearance of the neighborhood in Evergreen Harbor will change completely. It will be a really beautiful city. I can say it because I have done it. 

It was a cool idea but unfortunately, by the way, it hit those who don't have Eco-living, lowering bills to ridiculously low sums

Message 79 of 114 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kreatora Actually it is a bug, if you look at post #11 in this thread, the broken code was identified.

Message 80 of 114 (788 Views)