Re: [UNSURE] Lot taxes seem too low

by janyses

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@troshalom Hard disagree. I've used MCCC to triple my bills and apartment rents for years and all of my sims are still swimming in cash within a single generation, which is a state where I start to lose interest. Even with modded settings for harder skills, more rapid motive depletion, at least one off-work holiday per week, and my own homebrew play rules that include things like no "work harder" tone and no free 20k handout, I can easily get a couple fresh out of CAS into 100k+ home, debt-free, before their kids get out of high school. That's what's unrealistic, not high property taxes on a mansion. I literally cheat away gobs of money every sim generation via those homebrew rules just to keep my families from becoming boring.

Please do not remove the one vestige of challenge the game still has, Maxis. It's a game, they're supposed to have challenges to overcome.

Message 31 of 114 (1,987 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Pegasyms Exactly. There is currently zero challenge. It's not like our sims have anything expensive to spend their money on. My richest sims have a ton of money coming in, even without jobs, due to the shrewd reward. But I can't buy a pricey car, can't purchase a second home, vacationing is relatively cheap, college is basically free... All I had were my bills.
Message 32 of 114 (1,964 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agree, this is ridiculous. My tiny house on one lot costs $400 and bills for my mansion worth 670,000 that has NO solar panels or anything is $480. It makes no sense at all. If this is not a bug, I'll have to find a mod because it is completely unrealistic. 

Message 33 of 114 (1,911 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@RevanARahl If you ever find that mod, please post here and let us know. I haven't found any modders willing to fix this problem. Well, Zero said she'd she what she could do but I'm not holding my breath.
Message 34 of 114 (1,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@troshalom Speak for yourself I need this fixed. No reason for a 20k home and a 250k to pay the same in taxes.

Message 35 of 114 (1,832 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm keeping my eye on this to be updated. https://www.simrealist.com/snb 

Message 36 of 114 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Pegasyms

Lol. The current bill system (bugged or not) is hardly adding less of a "challenge". I can grow plants within a week of a starter household that nets me $10K a day (or MUCH more depending on the size of the garden). I can make a writer that nets over $10K a day. Painters can net between $500 and $3000 an hour per painting.

And that's not even using some of the "Pro" exploits.

A paltry little $10K a week less in bills is hardly effecting anything at all.

Message 37 of 114 (1,663 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps You're right, the game isn't very challenging. But there's a huge difference between paying $10,000 a week and $300. I'd rather have some challenge vs none at all.

So, 'hardly affecting anything at all.' Really?
Message 38 of 114 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Psychotps It all depends on how you play.

I'm not denying there are ways to MAKE huge amounts of money quickly; but currently the only way to LOSE large amounts of wealth/money (without "burning" money in the fireplace, which does not fit most of my stories) has been through bills. I don't count buying items and building as losing money because that doesn't decrease net worth. 

Message 39 of 114 (1,627 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Pegasyms Really? Do you (or I should say "did you") just put a ton of expensive stuff in your house to give yourself higher bills? They were never that high in the first place unless you have a ton of expensive stuff or the money vault.

Personally, I just set MCCC to "auto-pay" and just ignored it.

Granted, it's still a bug and should be fixed, but I really don't care about this one much. Lower bills is much further down my list of bugs. I'd rather see things like the NAP problems fixed, stabilize the power systems instead of going positive and negative for no reason at all, the ECO footprint fixed... heck, I'll even want the cooking problems fixed before higher bills. I have a list of hundreds of bugs I want fixed and this isn't even on it.

But it's all good. We all love the game and play our own way. We're just all passionate about it.
Message 40 of 114 (1,596 Views)