Re: Consistently Pulsing Venue Info Button

by SergeSim

Original Post

Re: Flashing Venue Icon - Disability Access Issue

★ Guide

Same here. I went through all the lot types, even clicked on the special tabs for tiny home lots, haunted house lots, restaurants and the like and yet there's still a flashing icon. The bug only appeared after I deleted my game folder and started afresh.

Message 31 of 42 (930 Views)

Re: Flashing Venue Icon - Disability Access Issue

★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as well. I refreshed my profile folder, and  even made an Excel file listing all the lot types in all the worlds I own, went there and 'un-shined' all the sub-icons visible under the main 'house' icon on all those lot types by clicking on them (question mark / cog icons), but the main house icon still keeps flashing.

From what I can see on various youtubers' videos, some have this issue recently, some don't. It is a minor issue, but can be quite distracting at times.

Message 32 of 42 (817 Views)

Re: Consistently Pulsing Venue Info Button

★ Guide

Same issue on consoles version too.

Message 33 of 42 (784 Views)

Re: Lot information icon shining all the time as if something there was new

★ Novice

I also did the same thing where I restored my save and tray files and then had the glow. around the venue info symbol when in build mode. I reinstalled an entire old version of the EA folder that I had saved on an external drive that it fixed the issue for me but I've seen comments that this is an issue on console as well and this solution clearly will not work for those in that situation. I know it's not a game breaking issue but it was very distracting.

Message 34 of 42 (726 Views)

★ Apprentice

There must be something in that old set of files that was ommitted in the newer versions, and now the game doesn't know everything 'new' has already been clicked.

At this point I just wish someone would share their 'old' user folder with me, but I guess there could be privacy/security concerns here, as I'm not 100% sure if these files don't contain any sensitive personal data.

Message 35 of 42 (707 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I really hope this gets fixed soon...if someone has a copy of what I should have to replace to get it to fix it, please send. If not I understand.

Message 36 of 42 (647 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lot information icon shining all the time as if something there was n

★★★ Newbie
@Ania123451512 EA PLEASE FIX THIS
FOR PEOPLE WITH VISUAL STIMS THIS PREVENTS BUILD MODE PLAY
PLEASE MAKE ACCESSIBLE THANK YOU
Message 37 of 42 (542 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lot information icon shining all the time as if something there was n

★ Apprentice

I'm still waiting as well. Only long-time simmers have this working as intended... (Simsie, James Turner, Deligracy, Gryphi, etc....).

Message 38 of 42 (531 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm on PC, recently had to reinstall the game and started having this issue.
I think I found a way to fix it:

1. Open the UserSetting.ini file (same location as the Mods folder)
  2. Scroll down to the [uiaccountsettings] section
  3. Add this missing entry:
    <prefix>#viewedflairextension_bblotinfopanel#boolean = true
    where <prefix> is the same number that all other entries in this [uiaccountsettings] section have.

If anyone else is willing to try, let me know if it works but make sure to back up the file before editing just in case.

It solved the issue for me at least!

Message 39 of 42 (483 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can confirm this has worked for me!

I have two different ID numbers in this section, so I doubled the entry with each number just in case.

Thank you so much!

Message 40 of 42 (473 Views)