by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Locked Whims Change After Entering Manage Worlds

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock whims, then enter manage worlds. Switch worlds, enter household management or enter another building.
What happens when the bug occurs? All my sims locked whims are cleared, showing new whims.
What do you expect to see? Locked whims staying locked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GF patch

Every time I enter manage worlds from a household, all the whims that I have locked are gone. This happens in new saves and old, with or without mods/CC. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it, as it has been going on more or less since the GF patch. It makes rotational play really hard, as I cannot seem to avoid manage worlds to do so. The only time I can even enter manage worlds is when I first start up the game. Otherwise, whims are wiped.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (2,870 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Locked Whims Change After Entering Manage Worlds

Hero
This looks fixed to me

Could anyone confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (1,677 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Locked Whims Change After Entering Manage Worlds

Hero
Added this to the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,797 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Locked Whims Change After Entering Manage Worlds

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure that it's necessarily a bug. I think it may just be an oversight. But I agree, that it shouldn't be that way, and it's incredibly annoying to lose whims any time you need to add a lot to the world.

Message 3 of 14 (2,688 Views)

★★ Pro

I'd love to get some input from the dev team on this! This definitely seems like a bug that the locked whims reset after going to world map. It's especially frustrating for some of the more rare whims that give lots of points on completion since there's no way to force them back. If the whim was something like "Try for baby with X" it kind of works as a mini aspiration (proper side quest, eh?) and actually guides gameplay so I really wish this gets addressed.

Although I would love to get some of those build bugs fixed (some are having their 2-year anniversary already :/) sooner so I'll survive even if this one sticks around..

Message 4 of 14 (2,275 Views)

★★ Guide
@siirysiir They don't care about whims. They're off by default for new players and they haven't added new whims for several EPs and other packs (the most recent DLC pack I think I see whims from is Seasons).

I don't see them ever fixing this or whims in general and it sucks because I've been a wants/whims player since Sims2. It makes me feel like my sims actually have an opinion about their lives. I generally like to wait to make major life decisions for my sims until they roll a whim to go steady, get enganged, get married, try for baby.
Message 5 of 14 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been happening since day 1 of release date, not since Get Famous, and besides Whims were discontinued years ago, that's why they should be hidden.

Message 6 of 14 (2,202 Views)

★★ Pro
@Purpleflavored I think they're fun too and I'm definitely going to be using whims for my own mods. I completely agree on how they make sims feel more alive because they have wants and needs, not only needs. I just don't understand why they would abandon such a great feature.
Message 7 of 14 (2,031 Views)

Hero
This looks fixed to me

Could anyone confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict this is still an issue...

wants that are pinned are refreshing when playing rotationally.
Message 9 of 14 (772 Views)

Hero
@do5f Just rotationally or do you also see it when entering manage world, etc ?

Personally I don't think it's a bug when you play with another household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (764 Views)