Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] 'Listen to Any Radio Station' whim not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 162.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? character with Happy emotion and whim for Listen to Any Radio Station (from owning stereo) can't complete on a Mini Audio Blaster no matter what I listen to or how long
What happens when the bug occurs? whim for Listen to Any Radio Station (from owning a stereo) is not completing no matter how i turn on the radio, what station i listen to, or how long i listen to it
What do you expect to see? The whim should complete after listening to any audio device on any station. if there's some minor requirement like turning it on just so, or tuning into just the right station, that's too specific and difficult to suss out. I've been unable to complete that whim when it pops up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm unable to complete the whim Listen to Any Radio Station (from owning a stereo). No matter who turns on the device, Mini Audio Blaster, or what they listen to, I can't complete that whim. If there are conditions like it has to be a certain audio device, or it has to be listened to in a specific way those requirements should be removed or simplified. I've been unable to suss out the conditions for completing the whim, so either it's broken or it's overly specific with unclear instructions and either way I can't complete it and have to dismiss it every time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (3,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] 'Listen to Any Radio Station' whim not completing

Hero

Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,007 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 'Listen to Any Radio Station' whim not completing

Hero
@Pavel6029 So it's just the Mini Audio Blaster you have issues with ? Is that the only stereo you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,500 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI have a similar issue. However, it seems to affect all stereos. And I don't think it matters which emotion your sim is feeling. For some reason the whim won't complete regardless.

Message 3 of 8 (3,421 Views)

Hero
@OrcinusArluq Thanks for clarifying

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (3,399 Views)

★ Guide

I have this will problem with all whims that have to do with listening to the radio.

Message 5 of 8 (3,330 Views)

★ Apprentice
@sushicrow I have this bug to sooo annoying
Message 6 of 8 (3,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

Using Ps4 pro here, having same issue as of 08 Feb 2021. Listen to Radio whim and play game whim not effecting/completing.

Message 7 of 8 (3,119 Views)

Hero

Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,008 Views)