Re: [OPEN] Likes/Dislikes: Missing Hobbies and Skills

by o-RayeGunn-o

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Considering this feature is New, it's hardly a "bug". I could create a list of over 3 pages what isn't there. There will be more added to as times go on, what bothers me more, they offer nothing but Positive or Negative moodlets and nothing else, (Dislike Cooking sims will still cook, Dislike Dancing sims will still dance to music and even more applauding, including type of music they Dislike at the same time) and also my game is constantly interrupted with paused pop-ups off a feature that no longer interests me.

I wouldn't mind an Option just to turn this off, like how we can turn on/off Whims, etc.

Message 21 of 44 (941 Views)

Personally, I was hoping for a collected like/dislike for crossstiching and knitting, „needlework“ maybe? There are so many hobbies, that it would be nice to be able to collect some of them that are thematically close.

Message 22 of 44 (934 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Radio Station Not A Like/Dislike?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Thornwood-Hollow I merged your post with the general thread on missing likes/dislike options

There's also a thread for the music station here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/LIKES-AND-DISLIKES-missing-music-genre/td-p/10376688

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 44 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm glad this has been pointed out as I would love more likes/dislikes options for my sims. I hope the new cross-stitch skill is added soon along with the other missing skills. 

Message 24 of 44 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed we shouldn't have to download more mods for activities that are base game or added along with expansions. I thought something was wrong with my game when I noticed knitting wasn't on there. They need to update the likes / dislikes immediately.  They also need to break apart the fitness one into different activities such as working out, basketball ,swimming, soccer. Just my thoughts though

Examples

knitting (nifty knitting)

chess

swimming

swiping items

basketball (city living)

dogs/ cats (cats and dogs pack)

foosball

ping pong

Message 25 of 44 (839 Views)

★ Apprentice

I completely agree with this. it kills me every time I go into CAS and can't select my sim's specific hobbies, like flower arranging or swimming. It may not belong here, but I'd love to see fitness skills split up into separate skills as well. A sim might be really good at lifting weights, but terrible at basketball. A pro darts player might not know how to swim very well.

Message 26 of 44 (771 Views)

★★★ Guide

Many of my sims are now spammed with so many different likes and dislikes, and it's ridiculous, if i'm not playing them it's impossible to remember them, just adding in new likes/dislike into this would make the situation even worse.

We should of only been able to choose just 1 Like and 1 Dislike with every sim.

Message 27 of 44 (763 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ImKersha Commenting to keep this very important thread visible. It's infuriating that there are so few hobbies and skills included in this system when there are so many in game
Message 28 of 44 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just adding my support for this. I guess it had always been in the back of my mind that the options were.... a bit lacking, (not to mention they do not have as much effect as i'd like, if i set a sim to dislike 'dancing' i'd expect them to avoid autonomous dancing, and not have to disable that autonomous interaction  with MCCC, but that's another topic)  but it really got cemented just recently. At the sale going on now, i got, in addition to Cottage Living,  the Nifty Knitting and Bowling packs. I made a gloriously tacky and searingly orange 70s bowling alley, which i had fun with, and was happy to see that some of my sims who showed up to the lanes got an alert to like bowling, yay! So then i went into the knitting and cross stitching stuff with my old lady character, and while i did enjoy her creations and Plopsy.... there was no option for likes for that?  Seems like a big oversight, especially considering the Metal (!!!! (Myrkur is one of my faves!!)) musical preference was added, so not like the pack was just ignored. She also arranges flowers, just a generally craftsy grandmother type, and it's just a shame that i can't really have that reflected in her likes and dislikes. Hell, I would be content with a 'crafts' (cross stitch, knitting, flower arranging) option if a category for each was too much.

So yeah, I'd love the following for some of my characters:

Cross-Stitch

Knitting

Flower Arranging

Chess

Science (microscope, telescope, analyzer)

Archaeology

Juice Fizzing

Fabrication

Magic/potions/supernatural

Bar Games (Wake the Llama, darts, foosball, ping pong, like the club option)

On that note, how about clubs? I know the 'in the know' trait is a thing but...

I would also really like food likes and dislikes, though with the sheer number or recipes, i realize that may be an issue. Maybe categories of food instead?

For now, I will go looking for mods for some of these, but I would prefer to have it in there by default to keep mod issue wonkyness  to a minimum

Message 29 of 44 (678 Views)

★★ Pro
@o-RayeGunn-o I really like that science one, I would love to see that. And especially since kids have so few options, I'd like to see "Doing homework" as a preference option. It's so hard to mimic having some kind of a personality with child sims, making them like or dislike school work would give some semblance of a personality. (It would add some storytelling possibilities: maybe a troubled kid who hates homework starts to get help on their homework from parents, develops their mental skill and eventually starts liking doing homework!)
Message 30 of 44 (650 Views)