Re: [OPEN] Likes/Dislikes: Missing Hobbies and Skills

by siirysiir

Original Post

★ Guide
@crinrict Hehe I think that it would be a fun with homestyle cooking and gourmet cooking as separate options. I want to play with snooty sims or gourmand sims that only cook gourmet food and that look down on “ordinary” food, and I also want to play with strict traditional sims that only enjoy traditional home style cooking style (but that can change their mind later on... who knows haha). 😊
Message 11 of 44 (1,184 Views)

★ Guide

@Simfriend68 
Yeah I agree, the skills are to too broad!
I think that EA need to separate more skills like they did in snowy escape (skiing level up skiing + fitness). That was an awesome, I love when they make them into separate skills! They could add things like Skating, Swimming, Basket, Soccer, Boxing, Running, Yoga that would level up the separate skill + fitness. Fitness could be just the gym equipment’s + tv exercise.

They could add this separate skills as options to the Favorites/Dislikes section.

They could do the same thing with logic skills, chess could level up chess + logic.
(And why not divide the wellness skill into separate skills, haha it´s so weird that you massage sims and become awesome at yoga at the same time… ???).

Playing with the puppet theatre could level up acting (if having get famous + 10 skill creativity), so they could add acting as a option for kids as well.

By the way, I love this update, hope they expand on it!!! Large smile Large smile Large smile

Message 12 of 44 (1,178 Views)

★ Apprentice

I noticed the same thing after the patch. I thought it might fix itself once the new Dream Home Decorator pack was installed. Nope. Not there.

Message 13 of 44 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Pro

These aren't included either:

• Homework
  • Reading
  • Ice Skating (Seasons)
  • Swimming
  • Watch TV
  • Acquire Collectables
Message 14 of 44 (1,137 Views)

★ Guide

I'm going to add something else with respect to servos.  My two human Sims went out on a date, and when they got home, their Servo had been randomly assigned some likes!  Now he likes Painting, and I absolutely DO NOT want him to like this!  I wanted to make him DISLIKE Creative things like painting, and now I'm stuck with him LIKING it, because the servos are excluded from being able to manually add/remove likes and dislikes.  UGH! 

Please do something to be consistent with Servos: Either make them completely excluded from the system, or allow the players to be able to manually affect what likes/dislikes that Servos have.

Message 15 of 44 (1,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GlacierSnowGhost I agree there are a ton of kids' activities missing. My child in drama club can't like Acting.
Message 16 of 44 (1,082 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, I would like to see many more other "normal" activities, such as reading, watching TV, swimming... Also I would like to see these likes/dislikes influencing how Sims behave in a better way. I am tired of seeing Sims who dislike fitness spending several hours every day happily training in the gym, they are there every single time I visit any gym, which of course makes no sense. Or Sims who likes certain music styles listening to the music they like, instead of listening to any other random music style. Just 2 examples of how little influence likes and dislikes have right now.

Message 17 of 44 (1,040 Views)

★★ Pro

I would love to see Reading, Chess and Playing Cards in the likes/dislikes too!

My elderly sims need some love too. Devil

While we're at it, why not tanning as well..? I feel like there aren't that many options for kids either. :/

Message 18 of 44 (957 Views)

Cottage Living Radio Station Not A Like/Dislike?

★★★★ Novice

Why are there no new likes/dislikes? Or do I have a game breaking mod or something. Because we have new skills and a new radio station.

Message 19 of 44 (912 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Cross-stitch wasn't added to Likes and Dislikes either. A huge yikes, especially considering The Sims Team saying that Likes and Dislikes would be expanded upon with future packs...

Message 20 of 44 (899 Views)