by Nuke615

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Mirror reflections show objects in the interior are brightly lit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs....and several stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play the game and look at the mirrors reflections of items in backround and the lighting as you move back and forth
What happens when the bug occurs? the shadows of light change to a much brighter light setting when viewing backround objects in a mIrror (large mirrors are best to see this glitch)
What do you expect to see? regular reflections with no change in shade of lighting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Dog and Cats preparation patch

This is a lighting glitch that happened after the dog and cats prepatory patch. You can see this glitch when looking in mirrors and moving back and forth:  wont let me upload a video, so I will attach pictures

Message 1 of 23 (2,145 Views)

Re: Lighting Glitch In Mirrors Since Last Patch

★★★ Guide

This is the glitch

Message 2 of 23 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the lighting in the mirror gets much brighter when moving back and forth

Message 3 of 23 (2,112 Views)

★★★ Guide

any ideas folks?

Message 4 of 23 (2,069 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nuke615 I am not seeing any changes in lighting in the mirrors in my game.  If you haven't already done so, you should try 1) removing all mods/CC, 2) clearing your cache, and 3) repairing the game via Origin, just to ensure that mods/CC or a corruption are not to blame.  What I *did* notice in my game is that the colors of certain windows in the game is not accurate when viewed in the mirror (the mirror view seems to apply a white/blue tinge to them and that some shadows (such as shadows on the floor) are not reflected in the mirror.  I think minor inconsistencies like this are probably to be expected though.

Message 5 of 23 (2,061 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

can you pls send this in for the techs to look at?  Lighting issues have been a problem since the last update...thanks

Message 6 of 23 (2,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I turned the lighting setting in options down to the "high" setting instead of the "very high" setting, and the lighting issue with the mirrors is gone and they reflect correctly.  I also do not have the translucent issue with some CC if I turn the lighting setting down to medium (but then the Sun casts no shadows).  Before the cats and dogs preparation patch...I was able to have all my settings on very high/high without it affecting the CC or visuals/reflections in lighting....that is why I'd like you to please send this to a tech to look at this lighting issue before they release the next patch.  Maybe some tweaking can fix this higher settings issue of the lighting in options causing visual and lighting problems in the game.  Thanks in advanced.

Message 7 of 23 (2,041 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nuke615 which graphics card are you using?  This may be related to your card/driver, as I have my lighting set on very high and did not experience the issue.  If a dev looks into this further, they will likely need the information.

Message 8 of 23 (2,027 Views)

★★★ Guide

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Message 9 of 23 (2,015 Views)

Hero

HI @Nuke615

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (2,007 Views)