by cthoward491

Original Post

[OPEN] Light flowing through solid doors in courtyard configuration

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spa Day; Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Oasis Springs; find the Roomies house hold. Enter Build/Buy Mode for the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? World sunlight coming through a window/glass door shines through a solid door in an adjacent room.
What do you expect to see? According to latest patch notes, this issue may've been fixed in other situations; however I am expecting to see no world lighting come through a solid door in this situation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PC Patch: 1.40.61.1020

Was in contact with EA Help on Twitter this morning over a sunlight glitch in Build/Buy mode, and Live mode. 

Lot: Roomies (Oasis Springs)

Time of day in game: morning

Screenshots are from Build/Buy mode (dawn lighting). Solid door still has light coming through it, and I noticed that the intensity of the lighting in dawn mode varied in the same location in the house. 

Tried repairing the game, reinstalling the game, issue still persists. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,457 Views)

Re: PC Patch: 1.40.61.1020: lighting glitch still not fixed

Champion (Retired)

It is not uncommon for light to shine under a door when it does not have a doorstep as seems to be the case here. Try exchanging it with an outer door and see if it shines under that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (1,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Outer door you mean like a typical exterior wall door (for when a sim goes outside)? Tried a couple of different doors (one that is transparent and one that is a different door). 

Message 3 of 8 (1,439 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, that is what I meant. If you replace the double glass door (the light comes from there) with one that is solid the effect should go away. If not you can report that as a bug in the bug forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (1,425 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I did some testing on this, and the glitch does not occur unless the exposed room is an inner room, as in this build's configuration (it must be surrounded by a covered room (or rooms) on all 4 sides).  For instance, if you change the structure like this, light does not flow through the door:

doorlight1.jpg

If you add rooms to make it into an inner courtyard again, the light shines through:

doorlight2.jpg

Message 5 of 8 (1,409 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cthoward491 I've moved your thread to the bugs forum for The Sims 4.  Would you please edit your first post to fill out the required form that is used for bug reporting?  I'm adding the glitch to our list.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (1,404 Views)

★★ Novice

@BryonyRae wrote:

I did some testing on this, and the glitch does not occur unless the exposed room is an inner room, as in this build's configuration (it must be surrounded by a covered room (or rooms) on all 4 sides).  For instance, if you change the structure like this, light does not flow through the door:

doorlight1.jpg

If you add rooms to make it into an inner courtyard again, the light shines through:

doorlight2.jpg

So in the default configuration, would this be considered a new glitch in the current patch? Prior to this patch I never experienced the lighting glitch (though I never noticed had it occurred in the past). 

Message 7 of 8 (1,397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It could well be, but it's hard to say for sure @cthoward491.  I never noticed it before, but I don't know when the last time I played with and/or built a structure with an inner courtyard was...  It's on the list now though, so I'm sure the devs will figure out how/when it cropped up.

Message 8 of 8 (1,272 Views)