[OPEN] Leftovers Remain in GF Cabin Fridge

by dolldrms1

Original Post

[OPEN] Leftovers Remain in GF Cabin Fridge

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Issue

Food made by a sim in Granite Falls cabin remains in fridge after vacation ends if all servings not eaten but isn't accessible to other sim families who visit and stay in same cabin.  I don't mean sims on same trip as sim who makes the food but other sims who visit GF after rotating to a new household.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Sent Hugo Villareal to GF and while there he made 4 servings of garden salad.  He went home but had only eaten two of the servings.  A few sim days later I sent another sim from a different sim family to GF, renting the same cabin that Hugo had.  The salad was still in the fridge but the sim couldn't eat it.  Didn't concern myself with it but now several sim weeks later I have sent another sim to stay in that same cabin and the food is still there but again, not edible by the visiting sim.  First attempt to have him grab a serving while he was in front of the cabin resulted in a route failure bubble.  Subsequent attempts after moving him inside the cabin results in him going to the fridge but then resetting.  Even dragging the food to a counter, the sim won't take a serving, just resets.

I finally had the sim clean up the food after dragging it to a counter.  That was possible.  This isn't a big deal to me since a subsequently visiting sim can clean the food up if I should decide not to send the sim who made the food back to GF but it resulted in a lastexception text file.  Since I thought that might indicate something is not working as intended, I want to attach to this report in case QA wants to look at it.

I know that if a sim visits a household in another world and there is food in the fridge the visiting sim can take a serving of leftovers.

Picture

No picture, lastexception attached

Where does the bug occur ?

A rented cabin in GF.  Didn't start new save to see if problem persists.

Mods/CC

Vanilla game

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All released to date

Occurring since

Unknown, this is first time I have had uneaten food left in a GF cabin by a sim.

Operating system

Win 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1607 fully updated

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 10 (1,838 Views)

Re: Leftovers Remain in GF Cabin Fridge

Hero

Did you check if your family that left also has the stuff in their family inventory ? I always find everything in there, including uncooked burgers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,787 Views)

★ Pro

TBH, I can't say with certainty whether or not Hugo's leftover salad was also in his inventory, personal or household.  I'm not sure I looked.  Since he was at the hermit's house when his vacation was over I didn't think about the food until sending a sim from a different family and seeing it still be in that cabin's fridge.  The food wasn't spoiled either, even though it had been in the GF fridge for several sim weeks.  I guess food may be handled differently in a vacation destination.  Since I had the different sim clean up the food it's too late for me to look now, I would think.  I'll have to have another sim fix food, leave some and check their inventory after leaving to give you a better response.

It also occurs to me that maybe I should have posted this in your collection thread for sims resetting.  It really wasn't the food being in the fridge being an issue for me, it was the sim resets and lastexception file that prompted me to make this report.  I don't try to interpret lastexception files but don't they indicate something in the coding is not working as intended?

Message 3 of 10 (1,780 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I believe that food in a fridge is tied to the household, not the object. So the food was most likely in that household's family inventory when you left Granite Falls. This is by design. Similarly, if you have a bookcase, delete it, and place a new one, you should still have all your books available, since they're tied to the household. 

I'm not sure that the LastException is related to this issue, but thank you very much for that regardless. Our engineers are super awesome and can usually figure out fixes for Python exceptions despite a lack of reproduction steps for getting them to occur. I'll definitely make sure that gets passed along to the right people. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10 (1,774 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick Having food tied to the household rather than the object makes perfect sense to me, so would those leftovers transferring to a household family inventory.  If that was the case, I don't quite understand why a sim from a different household who visits that lot in GF at a later date even saw the food in the fridge.  My layman's logic would have thought that if the food transferred to the departing sim household's family inventory it wouldn't appear in the fridge.

I'm not sure if the LastException file is related to the issue either since I can't really read them, lol.  The food situation was the only thing that stood out to me as being unusual in the play session.  I looked at it again and saw the word "crafting".  That jogged my memory a bit and I recalled that after the sim returned home I had him plant one of the harvested items in his inventory in a planter box.  Thinking about that, IIRC, I had trouble getting that accomplished.  The sim got route failure a couple of times and I had to put the item to be planted down in different locations before it could be accomplished.  The house is one I downloaded so I'm not sure if the builder used crafted planter boxes or some purchased from build/buy.  I'll have to double check when I next rotate to that house.  I just wanted to mention it to you in case that would be helpful info for an engineer.

Thank you for your input.

Message 5 of 10 (1,753 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick

I repeated the scenario of having Hugo Villareal leave a serving of food in the OR cabin fridge.  When I sent Hugo home this time, I did check the household inventory and did find the food in there.  Dragging it to a counter top results in the same problem as when food rummaged from a trash can by a sim with the glutton trait is taken out of the sim's inventory.  It shows time remaining until spoiled while in the inventory but when set on the counter the bowl appeared empty and the only option available is to "clean up."  Dragging it to the fridge causes it to show time remaining before spoiling but the "clean out spoiled food option" appears on the fridge and the food removed is the food that appeared in the household inventory from OR.

Additionally, even though I had disposed of the food brought back from OR by the sim who prepared it, when I sent a sim from another family to stay in the same OR cabin several days later, the serving of food that had been left in the cabin was still showing in the fridge.  That surprised me because I expected clearing it from the preparer's household would have deleted it.  Perhaps some sort of anomaly since it was existent in two worlds?  Don't know.  Anyway, just so you know, it was there, the new sim couldn't access it and just reset.  It also created a lastException file again.  I haven't attached the lastException since I already did so with my initial report.  If by some chance you do want it, speak up and I'll attach it.

Message 6 of 10 (1,733 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Oof, that sounds like a couple different bugs. I filed a report to investigate this, thank you much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (1,727 Views)

★ Pro

You're welcome.  If by some chance you end up needing my save, I'll be happy to put it up for whomever needs it. 

Thank you for looking at the issue.

Message 8 of 10 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Same thing happened to me. Also if a sim tries to take out food made by a previous household the other sims from the present household already eating some food made by themselves will stop eating and walk away from their food even they are still hungry. It is annoying cant even take the food in fridge made by previous visitors and destroy it .. I cant even put it on a counter.
Message 9 of 10 (1,694 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,681 Views)