Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] LastException/Picker Error when selecting Off-Lot Sims

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit Kit, Modern Menswear and Moonlight Chic Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family of 2 Young Adult sims (age doesn't seem to matter) and move them into any lot. Then travel with one of the sims to another lot, for example the centre park in Willow Creek (leave the other sim at the home lot). When you arrive to the destination, click the other sim's icon on the bottom left of the screen (the sim that is at home) so that they become the active sim, and then hover your mouse cursor over any object a sim can sit on (for example a loveseat). The error can also happen if a sim is selected and is in a rabbit-hole (for example at work or school).
What happens when the bug occurs? Generates a LastException error (see spoiler) with the CategoryID: picker_interaction.py:2191 Also results in a small amount of lag when it occurs, since it often has a tendency to be quite spammy. It doesn't seem to cause any other issues outside this, however.
What do you expect to see? For no error to occur
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Originally started with patch 1.77 (Cottage Living) but took a while to figure out the exact way to replicate it.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>32827464f7d8ba95629e401a</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-06-06 19:06:45</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.88.228.1020-1.300.000.140.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>picker_interaction.py:2191</categoryid><desyncid>32827464f7d8ba95629e401a</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception while generating potential interactions for object_sitLoveseatAL2x1_01:0x0d010f20c93210e1: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\picker_interaction.py", line 2191, in _get_objects_internal_gen&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component'rtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, added tag 

Message 1 of 11 (4,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] LastException/Picker Error when selecting Off-Lot Sims

★ Guide

Just a quick update on this, it seems this error may have been fixed with the 1.90 patch (at the very least, I haven't seen it happen in updated games since then, plus so far haven't been able to get it to happen post patch).

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (3,197 Views)

All Replies

Re: LastException/Picker Error when selecting Off-Lot Sims

EA Staff
@thunder11433

Hello!

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 11 (4,273 Views)

Picker_interaction Last Exception

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a household composed of more than 1 Sim, travel to a lot with 1 Sim and leave the other at home. Now click on the thumbnail of the Sim you left at home. When they are active, click on a chair somewhere in the world. This will cause the LE.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will get an LE similar to this one: picker_interaction Exception while generating potential interactions for object_sitBarstoolGFIndustrial (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component')
What do you expect to see? No LE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tested this in completely new saves as well as in my modded game and it occurs in Vanilla game, even though the LE is of course not visible in Vanilla game, but only saved as an LE.

There are no negative impacts on gameplay, this is why I hesitated to report the bug for about a year now.

However, as a lot of people use MCCC, Twisted Mexxi's Better Exceptions or a similar mod, this bug can become extremely annoying when playing in a larger household an traveling a lot with part of it, especially if you like to use away actions on the Sims left at home. These mods tend to push the LEs in your face everytime they occur.

Still, the issue itself is not mod related, it just becomes more apparent when using mods. LEs should be fixed regardless as the slow down game performance.

Message 3 of 11 (4,103 Views)

Re: Picker_interaction Last Exception

Hero
@83bienchen I merged your post with the existing thread for this LE.

Please send save to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,071 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't use OneDrive so I cannot share any of my saves. Did you try to reproduce the issue, as I believe it is an universal one and there is no need for a special save file thus?
Thanks for merging with the other thread, I have looked for a topic on the issue but couldn't find one. Possibly because it's to old.
Message 5 of 11 (4,032 Views)

Hero
@83bienchen No, I did not. If it's someone I trust that's reporting, I usually don't test. Would be too much if I tested every issues.

Seems EA has have trouble reproducing and asked for saves. That's all I know. :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (4,021 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] LastException/Picker Error when selecting Off-Lot Sims

★ Pro

I'll admit I'm too lazy to try this in a clean save, but I've also been seeing this error fairly regularly. (MCCC makes it painfully obvious.)

Message 7 of 11 (4,004 Views)

★ Guide
@PandoraTO I've tested it for quite a while in a newly generated save file without any mods used in order to ensure it wasn't an issue with any of my mods.

@crinrict I believe that's the only sensible way to go about it. You couldn't possibly test every single error posted here.
Message 8 of 11 (3,873 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All!

For the time being, we no longer need saves for this issue. We were able to reproduce it on our end.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11 (3,826 Views)

Re: [OPEN] LastException/Picker Error when selecting Off-Lot Sims

★ Guide

Just a quick update on this, it seems this error may have been fixed with the 1.90 patch (at the very least, I haven't seen it happen in updated games since then, plus so far haven't been able to get it to happen post patch).

Message 10 of 11 (3,198 Views)