[OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

by xobaybebritox

Original Post

Re: Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★ Novice
@xobaybebritox I'm having the same problem. Whenever my sim uses the stove/fridge the simulation lag takes so long for the menu to pop up. It's incredibly frustrating, especially because cottage living added new cooking options like canning that I really want to play through but it takes so long to cook anything now.
Message 11 of 135 (5,114 Views)

Sims 4 Cottage Living Slow options for fridge/oven

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Sims 4 Cottage Life, click on fridge or oven
What happens when the bug occurs? Wait and wait and wait and eventually the menu options come up, but it is a long time at least 5 - 10 seconds sometimes before options show only for these appliances
What do you expect to see? Options to come up immediately or at most .5 seconds like all the other clickable items in the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Sims 4 Cottage Life expansion pack after buying it

It is really really really slow for the menu options to come up on the fridge and stove after installing latest expansion pack

Message 12 of 135 (4,937 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living Slow options for fridge/oven

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  I've uninstalled all my mods, tried repairing it a couple of times, and uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  Still doing this along with a bug affecting the rocket ship and not being paid for a freelance gig or showing it's complete since the new release came out.

Message 13 of 135 (4,926 Views)

★★★ Guide
@siliconrob I just sort of figured it was because I have so much stuff in the fridge now due to cottage living. It doesn't take 5 or 10 seconds for me but there's definitely a delay that wasn't there before. Really the whole fridge menu needs a sorting option now as well as it's pretty annoying to go looking for food you made or milk types, egg types and vegetable types when you have to scroll through everything in the fridge.
Message 14 of 135 (4,904 Views)

★ Guide

I also have some lag during the fridge cooking menu loading, but it's hardly noticeable in my game.

Message 15 of 135 (4,869 Views)

★★ Apprentice

From all of the replies, it does seem like this issue might be very heavily previlent in the Kitchen for everyone involved.

As for the responses, I will do my best.

@crinrict
Q - How large is your save game ?
   A - My Save game file is only 13k KB.
Q - Do you have lots empty households in your household manager ?
   A - I do not have many empty households in my household manager, I do not even have a large Household Manager size
Q - How many items does your Sim have in their inventory ?
   A - I cannot count at the moment, but it is not a large amount. Also it is not more than it was before the installation of the expansion or the update

@COSMICSMURFER
Thank you for adding in your details as some seem to line up with mine, although I do not notice the isue effecting my Build/Buy Mode and only effecting the camera during the lag of the interactions I mentioned

@TinkLover2330
Thank you for this. Unfortunately I am not in Laptop mode.

@ariastroid@siliconrob@83bienchen
Yes, and with help of your comments I am noticing that a majority of the issues happen in the Kitchen, however I still do have the lag in other places, but the Kitchen is a big lag zone.

@beana2687
No Mods for me or CC ever in Sims 4 however, thanks for adding additional details.

@vyvexthorne
I do notice more items in my fridge as well, however I have always had a stocked fridge. This issue does not only happen for me in the fridge though, it is the oven and other items around the house as well.

Thanks

Message 16 of 135 (4,847 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only have this delay issue of the menu for the fridge and stove. Other menus pop up quickly, but specifically for the fridge and stove, it took 4-5 seconds to pop up. I assume my issue can be related to the simple living trait, as I only played with it. It all started after I purchased a new pack. Also, I haven't tried to purchase other fridges and disable the trait. I use the new fridge of Cottage living pack. As I mentioned, I do not have the issues like others with many objects, only with these ones. 

Message 17 of 135 (4,816 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, everything I click there's at least a 30 second wait if not longer for the menu to show up, and then even longer for the action to occur if it does at all. It's making the game completely unplayable which sucks because I was so excited to play with cottage living Frown Started happening after the 7/27/21 patch, reinstalled my game, took out my mods, nothing's fixing it. 

Message 18 of 135 (4,780 Views)

Sims 4: cannot cook, missing inventory, in-game clock faulty

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? ALL THE TIME

What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

• Expansion Packs Owned: Discover University, City Living, Get to Work, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle
  • Game Packs: Vampires
  • Stuff Packs: Vintage Glamour 
  • Digital Content Packs: Gnome on the Go, Animal Hats, Life of the Party, Up All Night Content

Steps-How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I just play and then realized the basic functions that come with Sims 4 Base Game refuse to work. I mean my sims cannot use the toilet, cook/eat, sleep, socialize, focus on hygiene/bathe, or have fun because I can't click on anything. We need to be able to access the menu options across the game, because the Sims need to do these things or they die. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Menu options that you typically see when you click on a skill item, toilet, stove, etc. do not show up at all, they take 2-3 minutes to load the options, or it only loads one of the options (I.E. click the fridge, it takes a while to load the menu, and then the only menu option says baking; but nothing else appears).

What do you expect to see? I expect to see menu options, my stuff in my inventory, have my Sims complete lined-up tasks, and for the clock to move when the FF, play, and pause are used. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used, console.

LIST OF ISSUES/BUGS:

1. Sims are not able to cook at all, whether I try to cook on the grill, stove, or using the fridge. And when it finally shows the options to cook (baking, cooking, gourmet cooking, canning) it takes 2-3 minutes for the menu to show up.
  2. Sims are unable to shower, take a bath, use the toilet, or any other skill items while in live mode (menu/listed task option lag or only post one option).
  3. I have multiple eco-upgrade parts in my sims inventory, but when I try to upgrade objects it says I'm missing the necessary upgrade parts; despite knowing they're in my inventory.
  4. Recently bought 20 seed packets and when I opened them, nothing showed up in my sims household inventory or their personal "live mode" inventory; the items basically disappeared.
  5. Menu options for shower & tubs are also taking 2-3 minutes to load the menu
  6. The in-game clock will get stuck on a random time for extended periods of time, even if I try to speed it up using the fast-forward controls.
  7. If I pause the game and then try to press the play button underneath the in-game clock, the PLAY button will be lit in green, but it'll say the game is still paused and then after about 5 minutes (in the real world) it'll actually start playing and un-pause.
  8. Sims will stand around their lots for hours in the game despite having tasks lined up. 
  9. Unable to cancel tasks or it takes hours for the task to cancel. 
  10. Unable to use X-button to drag and drop items from inventory or fridges, bookshelves, etc. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried multiple fixes mentioned in other threads and nothing fixed these issues. The Sims 4 Base game has had all these issues since the expansion pack, Cottage Living was released. 

Message 19 of 135 (4,715 Views)

Re: Sims 4: cannot cook, missing inventory, in-game clock faulty

★ Guide

I was watching JamesTurnerYT YouTube channel earlier and he had the same issue with missing inventory with his Let’s play and he plays on pc. So it is affecting players on pc / Mac and console.

Message 20 of 135 (3,200 Views)