Re: Aspiration not progressing/uncompleted after required actions have been made

by yuki98k679

Original Post

Re: Cannot Complete Fishing Aspiration Stage 2

Hero
@jari121red yup, don't think there's a fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 81 (1,272 Views)

Aspiration not progressing/uncompleted after required actions have been made

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Aspirations not progressing for certain households
What happens when the bug occurs? No "tick" on the aspiration checkbox when action is completed. Cannot complete the aspiration when all required actions are completed
What do you expect to see? Aspiration should be progressing when required actions are completed (i.e. increasing action counts/ "ticks") For example, for one of my sims trying for the "family" aspiration, the "read to a child for 2 total hours" should be checked after I made the action. And the "socialize with your child 10 times" checkbox should be progressing (i.e. the action counts stopped after the bug occurred)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 42 of 81 (1,298 Views)

Re: Aspiration not progressing/uncompleted after required actions have been made

Hero
@yuki98k679 Are you getting any lastExceptions with this ?

You can find them in documents\electronic arts\the sims 4. Text files called lastException.

If you have any of those, please either c/p the content or upload. For uploading you need to create a rar file first, then upload to your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 81 (1,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 44 of 81 (1,244 Views)

Hero
@yuki98k679 Yes, looks like the known Family LE issue.

I merged your thread.

All you can do is change the aspiration.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 81 (1,240 Views)

Re: [OPEN] LE for Family/Angler/Athetic Aspiration

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 81 (10,124 Views)

Unable to fullfill aspiration after switching them

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only basic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim who wants to be a musical genious. Then swich his/her aspiration to big family tree when "guide a sim in playing an instrument for 3 hours" is left.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aspirations stopped fulfilling, when I swicthed from musical genious aspiration to big family tree aspiration. Both of these aspirations stopped fullfilling. I also tried fullfilling cheat, but that doesn¨t fullfil them either.
What do you expect to see? I expect the aspiration task "read to a child for 2 hours" to fullfill when sims reads to his child. I had one hour fullfilled when I changed aspirations and this bug occured. In musical genius aspiration I expect "guide a sim in playing an instrument 3 hours" when I choose guide option on playing sim. Also, the guide option has not appeared every time!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I gathered the contents of my LastException files in a doc attached.

Message 47 of 81 (1,205 Views)

Re: Unable to fullfill aspiration after switching them

Hero
@miss_penguin84 Do you have any lastException files in your doc folder ? If so, could you attach them to your post ?

You need to create a rar file to upload or c/p the content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 81 (1,198 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! Please check the doc I added.

Message 49 of 81 (1,150 Views)

Hero
@miss_penguin84 That's a known exception

I merged your post with the master on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 81 (1,137 Views)