Re: [LDSP] Washing machine only shows upgrade

by PhxJewel

Original Post

Re: Laundry machine is unusable, game is registering it as full when it is not.

Hero
@bunnie_cassie merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 38 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My problem is slightly different from this post as I can't even upgrade it because it says the washer has clothes in it and the option is greyed out.

Please see the screenshot I attached to my post. 

Message 22 of 38 (1,250 Views)

Hero
@bunnie_cassie There's a few washer issues and there's need for a separate thread for every variation. The washer/dryer basically need an overhaul :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 38 (1,238 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed, I just want to make sure my specific bug is the same bug and gets fixed as well because it's completely non-functional. I wish I could at least upgrade them but they are just decoration at this point and I've resorted to using a whole new one and sticking my upgraded one in my household inventory.

I'll eventually upgrade it but the bug will probably come back and I'll have to, quite literally, rinse and repeat.

I almost want to remove all of it from my lot and not even bother with the mechanic anymore, just use it for the decor and what not. 

Message 24 of 38 (1,233 Views)

Hero
@bunnie_cassie It could be the same issue as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-LDSP-Washer-Dryer-Can-t-wash-dry-clothes/m-p/9206976 .. just getting worse with every patch :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 38 (1,231 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It might be because I've experienced that bug they reported too. 

Message 26 of 38 (1,229 Views)

Hero
@bunnie_cassie I just checked the save that was provided by another user and their upgrade option is also greyed out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 38 (1,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but: werewolves, wedding stories, batuu, knitting, tiny living, moschino, fitness, kids room, cool kitchen, perfect patio. (also none of the kits)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happens consistently by just using the washer as intended; I didn't even upgrade it this time and it still happened.
What happens when the bug occurs? Washer becomes non-functional and you cannot use it to wash laundry.
What do you expect to see? A functional washer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Good to know it's also the same bug, hopefully it is fixed sooner than later.

EDIT: It happened again with the new washer. I didn't even bother upgrading this one so it doesn't have anything to do with the upgrades either, I now own two useless laundry machines and I am removing them and the dryer from my house. I will be avoiding this system until this issue is fixed, it causes more inconveniences than it is worth.

The upgrade button was not greyed out this time and is not claiming it's full, the options to do anything else have simply disappeared.

The site will not let me update my post unless I do the bug report questions so ignore that being tagged onto this post.

Message 28 of 38 (1,196 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too! And now it is starting to happen to things like coffee makers and radios on the lot. I don't use CC and I only have one tiny mod to shorten university requirements (and I had this issue with the laundry before the mod was ever installed). It is annoying too because the items sometime sell for less than they cost so it ends up costing my SIMS necessary simoleons. 

Message 29 of 38 (1,139 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still happening - pack basically unusable with upgrades as I'm required to swap out the washer/dryer every few days. This has only started happening recently for me, though.

Message 30 of 38 (861 Views)