[FIXED] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

My washing machine does not work 24/8

★★ Novice

My washing machine is not working. I put inside the clothes but there is not option to start.

Also my doors is closed to some people of the household and others are not.

Message 251 of 388 (878 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★★★★ Apprentice

Huh, my maids will never do the laundry in the house. They also don't take care of the toddler toilets or anything but the first (or floor level) of my homes. Laundry is on the first level though. They put away a plate of food into the fridge, stair out my window for six hours, wash one sink and toilet, and then leave for the day. I have only ever had NPC guests do my laundry for me. Sadly, I stopped using laundry for these reasons.

Message 252 of 388 (858 Views)

Re: My washing machine does not work 24/8

Hero
@joyjoyas I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 253 of 388 (837 Views)

★ Guide

Bug has never been fixed. Only solution is to enter build mode, create a new one with E, and replace the current broken object. It is not even worth to upgrade, as you will need to replace both quite often.

Message 254 of 388 (811 Views)

★ Guide

In my game this bug keeps happening on a regular basis and I have no idea what causes it. Really annoying.

Message 255 of 388 (719 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have one house like that, theres plenty of hampers yet the floor is always littered with clothes probably because the washer doesn't function, but I get the option of loading the washer and closing the door, if I go out to another lot and come back the same clothes are still in the washer but now they are clean and I can hang them out to dry without ever starting the washer.

Message 256 of 388 (693 Views)

Drier Bug

★★★ Newbie

Drier bug.. clothes will not dry in drier. Even if clothes was not dried, it won’t let dry them because it says that the clothes is dry and clean. As soon as you take the clothes out the drier it says clean and soaked. If you put the clothes back in the drier it doesn’t give you a dry option. 

Message 257 of 388 (684 Views)

Re: Drier Bug

★★ Guide

@Vrich0415 Please fill out the form.

Message 258 of 388 (650 Views)

Sims put clean clothes into hamper preventing cleaning of clothes

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim put clean clothes into a hamper.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to "wash in wash tub, add to dryer, add to washing machine" and "hang on clothesline" will be greyed out.
What do you expect to see? Any functional option to remove the clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a household with eight sims and three hampers and occasionally a sim puts clean clothes into a hamper. Just like they sometimes hang up dirty clothes on the clothesline. After that the hamper has the washing options greyed out. Even by adding dirty clothes. I have to wait until a sim autonomously picks them up. Until then I essentially only have two hampers.

Not to mention that the game just creates too many clothing piles. Its just overwhelming even with three hampers. This has to be reworked.

Message 259 of 388 (621 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★★★ Novice

I’m having a big problem on my PlayStation that’s why I play the laundry isn’t working the washer is but the dryer isn’t it saying to put the clothes on the floor and not drying the clothes this been happening since I got a new pack and it’s been happening before that too I don’t know what to do I can’t show EA anything because they don’t got a website for PlayStation and I cannot put no code because I don’t know what to do can anyone help me and I’m doing a challenge but I can’t use the washer and dryer because it happened to the washer to😭💔

Message 260 of 388 (555 Views)