Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

by snow_dog04

Original Post

Glitch with washing machine and dryer?!?

★★★ Novice

I’m on Xbox one and I’ve been having a issue with my washer and dryer. As soon as I put dirty clothes in the washer, it doesn’t give me any option to wash them, just the option to move them to the dryer. Then after I move them to the dryer, it only gives the option to unload and sit them down which creates a huge dirty pile of laundry on the floor. 

Message 41 of 388 (2,413 Views)

Re: Glitch with washing machine and dryer?!?

Hero
@TrySaraTopps I merged your post with the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 388 (2,360 Views)

★★ Guide

@TrySaraTopps 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 43 of 388 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product:the Sims 4
Platform: Xbox one 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Everytime I use the washer and dryer
What is your current game version number? I’m not sure 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, laundry day stuff, and spooky stuff
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? When I put my clothes in the washer, it doesn’t give the option to wash them, just to put them in the dryer, and when I put them in the dryer, it only gives the option to unload and sit them down. Now my sims are always wearing dirty clothes because I can’t get the washer and dryer to work. 
What do you expect to see? Be able to wash clothes 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I’m aware of 

Message 44 of 388 (2,310 Views)

Non functional Wash machine

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the last one, all update are done
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything, all expansions, all game packs and all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug appears all the time in all my games
What happens when the bug occurs? The Wash Machine can't be used anymore.. It depends on how many wash machine (sometimes 1 or sometimes 2), depends one the ground where I play with my Sims. I need to buy a new one when the clothes whas because I can't put on the dry machine. I also need to update all the wash machine if I want a perfect one. + an other bug with clothes : The Sims don't take the bag correctly, it's like backpack for clothes into the Sims
What do you expect to see? I want to see a wash machine usuable to clean the clothes and after I can put on the dry machine to dry clothes. But with this bug, I can't put the clothes on the dry machine. I can't do it even if I try the cheat "testing cheats on/off" to debug the machine, nothing happens .. + I want to see the bag of clothes takent correctly with hands not into the Sims as a backpack
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Big Bug wash machine

Message 45 of 388 (2,255 Views)

Re: Non functional Wash machine

★ Guide

I've had this issue too - both the adding laundry to a machine and not being able to click wash as it immediately is listed as clean when it is not, and the dryer not working, as well as the issue that there is no available washing machine when there clearly is. 

For me, two things helped: instead of a dryer I added a clothesline, which does work as it should. Second, deleting the washing machine and rebuying it helps too, though the issue may eventually return in which case you'd have to delete and rebuy the washing machine again. 

For me, that's proven enough of a workaround for now... I hope this also works for some others!

Message 46 of 388 (2,213 Views)

Re: Non functional Wash machine

★★ Guide

@Fierande 
Please, fill out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Message 47 of 388 (2,202 Views)

★ Guide

@EmeraldLaura wrote:

what i mentioned, when i wash my sims clothes in the tub (off the grid) i have to repeat it two or three times (which is a huge amount of time) until they become clean. sometimes before i hang them to dry, the description says clean and as soon as they hang on the line they are markerd as 'used' again... is this normal?

I'm not having the issue with the wash/dry items working at all, but I'm seeing the same thing Nassilia91 mentioned.  I was working on a player made challenge, where you "may" place a washtub and clothesline on your lot.  I'm seeing laundry becoming "used" while still drying on the line.  So, as she asked... Is this normal?  Because rather than an improvement to the lot, giving your sims the fresh laundry buffs, it's an extra, pointless chore, one you don't even have to do if you get rid of the items.

Message 48 of 388 (2,171 Views)

★★ Guide

@snow_dog04  , this is all part n parcel of the same bug.

PLEASE fill out the form.

Message 49 of 388 (2,160 Views)

★ Guide

@LisaLadybirD82 wrote:

@snow_dog04  , this is all part n parcel of the same bug.

PLEASE fill out the form.

Ok, so what I'm seeing IS a bug?  I didn't even know if I was seeing intended gameplay-- My granny sim seemed to be able to make nice, fresh laundry, but after she "died off" from a challenge event, the younger sim who tried to do laundry had it become used on the clothesline.

Product:  The Sims 4
Platform:  PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: Wash clothes in either a washing machine or washtub, then put on a clothesline to dry
What happens when the bug occurs? While still drying, the clothes go from "Clean" to "Used"
What do you expect to see? Clothes to remain "Clean" until worn, or at least something happening to explain why they got dirty
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  I don't know

I haven't used laundry much at all, but after the eco expansion one of my Evergreen Harbor households started using a washing machine and clothesline.  Sometimes the clothes end up clean and dry they way they should, other times they become "Used" while still drying.  Separate save, in an Oasis Spring household, I had a washtub and clothesline.  An Elder sim seemed to make nice clean (or Pristine) laundry, but a younger one seemed to have the laundry become Used while drying.  That may have been coincidence though, the Elder wasn't around long before an event in the challenge I was playing dictated that the Elder be removed.

The Eco Footprint in both neighborhoods was Neutral.  I wouldn't be surprised if an Industrial footprint made laundry dirty, but that wasn't the case.  The Evergreen Harbor lot had a Green footprint, the Oasis Springs lot was probably Neutral.

Message 50 of 388 (2,114 Views)