Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash clothes

by loraliromance

Original Post

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★ Apprentice

- Which worlds are you trying?
Oasis Springs - Pebble Burrow currently. Have only made 2 family's for this world, world started late May.
- Do you have Eco?
Yes
- Do you play off-grid?
No

The problem started for me on June 8th. I started this world late May in Newcrest - Beech Byway with CC. Did not notice if the problem was there as I never bought any laundry stuff with this family.
When Eco launched I then started a new family in the same world with the same CC on June 4th in Oasis Springs - Pebble Burrow, which I did buy a Washer and Dryer as part of building the house on day 1. It was usable, I even did all the upgrades. Then the issue showed up on June 8th; I have No Lot Perks, but had 4 Neighborhood NAPs - Clean Energy Production, Free Love, Support the Performing Arts, and Tech Support. I had voted out Sharing is Caring the day before. The issue continued into June 9th, in which I then just deleted the whole laundry system I had going in the house and then bought them again after the June 10th update. The problem again started late yesterday in a new world with NO CC

As to the issue -
Was doing laundry off and on throughout the game play with no problem, and it does seem to take time to duplicate.
After a while, "Wash Laundry" and "Dry Laundry" disappeared from the Washer and Dryer.
Took the laundry from the hamper, as it was full, and put it into the Washer. Washer then only had 2 options "Move to Dryer" and "Put down" Taking the laundry out of the Washer and place on the floor, it said "Clean and Dry" but wouldn't let me put away... which is then taken back to the hamper and then into the Washer. Same 2 options, so tried "Move to Dryer" which now says "Used and Dry" which doesn't do any good as putting it on the floor then makes a wet pile as it now says "Used and Wet" and the Washer still only has 2 options... "Move to Dryer" and "Put down" ... Dryer only has "Put down"

After deleting the Washer and Dryer on June 9th.. I updated the game on June 10th, re-bought the Washer and Dryer which were then working again. With them working, was hoping it was patched out and also hoping maybe it is a CC conflict.... SO!! I then started a new world also on June 10th without CC, Brindleton Bay - Tail's End, which again the Washer and Dryer were working until late June 11th. The same exact problem eventually came up, I have also once again deleted the Washer and Dryer so laundry doesn't build up.

Message 11 of 388 (5,998 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Brindleton Bay
- Do you have Eco?
Yes
- Do you play off-grid?

No

I'm having the same issue as TabbyKitty, I removed all CC to try as well, and it still won't work. I've reinstalled the game, and sold my w/d  / all hampers associated, and fully upgraded new ones. It will temporarily work again, then stop working. It's driving me crazy. I'm going to have to delete the washer and dryer simply because now all 3 hampers are full again, and the washer is full, and there are just clothes all around my house. It's so frustrating Frown

Message 12 of 388 (5,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Brindleton Bay, world started this month. On both washer and dryer, the only option was to unload and put down. Deleting and replacing the washer & dryer seems to be a temporary fix. It worked for me, at least.
- Do you have Eco?
No
- Do you play off-grid?
No

apologies for the odd reply to this specific comment, I don't usually comment and don't know how to make my own.

Message 13 of 388 (5,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I wanted to add to this now that I've done quite a bit of testing.

I've had two issues since the Eco Update

This Issue : The laundry not working in BB - No option to click "Wash Laundry" or "Dry Laundry"

2nd Issue: Odd lag when clicking on certain electronic devices. I.E Computers (ANY computer), it takes about 5-6 seconds or more sometimes for the menu to pop up when I click on them.

This second issue I thought for sure must be a mod issue. Mostly, because I couldn't find a thread with someone having that issue. However, I found it incredibly annoying, then add on literally having a dirty laundry conga line, because I have nowhere to put the laundry now, and I don't want to delete my laundry room (but I'll probably have to) I decided to reinstall the game, and be very careful how I reinstalled everything.

1. I deleted all traces of Sims 4 off of my PC, but kept a backup of Mods/Tray/Saves on my external. I even cleaned my registry of anything that could possibly be Sims related.

2. Reinstalled, then loaded the game, turned on max settings as usual, etc. Created a sim in BB. Immediately bought him a little house, put the w/d combo in there, and a desk with a PC. I made him change his clothes a few times, then tried washing them. It worked! I was elated. I clicked on the PC, no menu lag, instant pop up, no issues.

(Spoiler Alert: Things don't stay good)

3. Saved that Sim to use for continued testing.

4. Installed a fresh copy of MCCC to my mods folder, and brought my .cfg files over from my external. I then launched the game, and tested. Everything still worked fine.

5. Exited game, then Copied over my "Tray" folder, then launched the game. Again, no issues, it worked perfectly.

6. Exited again, and this time I copied over my whole mod folder. Launched game, zero issues. No lag when clicking on Computers/Electronics, I was able to wash laundry no issue.

7. Lastly, I exited again, and this time I copied my saves over  that were having issues before the reinstall........................................

The suffering continues:  My sim can no longer wash clothes, and the lag is back when clicking on electronic items. It's crazy frustrating.

Hopefully this pretty much confirms that both the lag issue I'm having, and the unable to wash clothes issue are related to not fresh saves.

I do hope we're able to get this resolved soon, it's making the game a major drag to play, and not only that, but clicking on electronics and it taking a minimum of 5-6 seconds to bring up the menu is.....painful. I can make a new ticket for this issue if requested, but I do think it's clear the two things are definitely related.

I've attached an image of the dirty laundry conga line to just add humor to it.

Message 14 of 388 (5,882 Views)

★★ Guide
@loraliromance I thought that lag thing was just me & net issues that i didn't know i had, as it happens on all sorts of things here and there but mainly on the cooker & pc.
Message 15 of 388 (5,872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@LisaLadybirD82I'm sorry you're having the issue as well, but happy to know I"m definitely not the only one!  It definitely happens on all sorts of  things, but you're right the cooker & pc are exceptionally worse. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

Message 16 of 388 (5,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@loraliromanceThe only problem I have with "We've already had it confirmed that it's only in non-base game worlds" is that my first family with the issue IS in a base game world, as confirmed by a sibling who just started playing and only owns the base game. So, I would have to disagree; Oasis Springs is base game. The main family I play is also base game, and also with the problem, Newcrest.

Edit: I would also like the mention that the first page of this thread also mentions Newcrest, Oasis Springs, AND Willow Creek which are all base game.

Message 17 of 388 (5,807 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Tabbykitty   Ah, I apologize, I assumed because part of the title original said that it ONLY worked in base game worlds that it had been confirmed, but I realize now the title has been changed. I'll edit my post!

Message 18 of 388 (5,759 Views)

★ Apprentice

The title change was likely given it might have been assumed at first that anything after the first world would be base, after so many expansions adding their own worlds.

Message 19 of 388 (5,722 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Which world are you trying ?

Windenburg, Del Sol Valley, Willow Creek

Do you have Eco ?

Yes

Do you play off-grid ?

No

Message 20 of 388 (5,670 Views)