Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by JessicaMP2004

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

This issue keeps happening to me as well. Doesn't matter if it's a new game or an old save, I will eventually have issues with the washer and dryer. I try unloading and reloading laundry but it either won't clean or dry despite clothes being dirty/clean and the machines unbroken. Buying new washers and dryers usually resets the issue. However, all the upgrades my sims make to their previous washers and dryers are wasted then. I usually end up removing laundry items from my builds because it's so annoying.

Message 331 of 388 (725 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? since the last update 100% of the time.
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Carnival and Menswear CAS kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim try to do laundry from the hamper to the washing machine, clothes in the hamper are cloudy, dirty and show up a been filthy.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put dirty washing into the machine, they're magically pristine and dry, you put them on the floor and they're dirty.
What do you expect to see? Washable filthy clothes and the ability to wash them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes removed my CC still happens.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the latest patch.

I like the laundry system when it works, but this is one of those finicky things, sometimes it's all fine others it's just broken. I've had to remove the washer/dryer and the hampers cause it's just not working, I mean clothes go in the hamper and sims will react to the dirty surrounds and the dust cloud of filth escaping the hamper. they just can't clean them.

Message 332 of 388 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't believe this is still ongoing, I've found that when the issues occur to go onto build buy mode and move into inventory and move back out again fixes it..

Message 333 of 388 (702 Views)

★★ Guide
@ebbsy1996

I've already lost hope that this will be fixed one day. In June this bug will be 3 years old. I've already sent 3 saves, several videos, files, in short everything I could send. In my game putting it in the inventory solves it, but the problem comes back. I even tried to mod and it didn't solve it, that's why I say I've lost hope, because if not even mod solved...
Message 334 of 388 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. The only solution is to replace the washer and/or dryer (whichever one stops working). But then I have to upgrade them all over again. I have had this happen with washers and dryers that were not upgraded at all, so it does not appear to be linked to upgrading them. I hope this does get fixed. It is really irritating.

Message 335 of 388 (640 Views)

Re: Washing machine and dryer no longer usable!

★★★ Apprentice

looks like the washing machine is broken again, after filling it with recent laundry, the washing machine no longer let you wash it with the interaction dissapeared

Message 336 of 388 (631 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Whirlwind5089 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 337 of 388 (616 Views)

★ Pro

Amazing how long this bug has been unresolved, considering that the whole point of Laundry Day is to... do laundry?

Message 338 of 388 (565 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as of today. 

The deets:

• My sim puts laundry in the washer, but the option to "wash laundry" does not show up.
  • I am not playing off grid.
  • I have the Eco expansion pack installed.
  • My sims are in Henford-on-Bagley.
Message 339 of 388 (542 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★ Apprentice
@EmiliaBraz This happened to me in newcrest so it has nothing to do with only expansion worlds.
Message 340 of 388 (388 Views)