Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by deehunnibee

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Grrr same here! I don’t use mods or ccs. I even tried deleting the washing machine stack, washing hamper but nope happens again. Terrible stuff pack full of bugs. Can’t even put laundry liquid in the machine like sims 3.

Message 311 of 388 (737 Views)

Washer unavailable

★ Novice

Playing on xbox

Washing machine will show as unavailable even when not running and no clothes inside, cannot unload washer or interact with washer at all. Only fix is to sell and replace the washer but will eventually be unavailable again. 

Message 312 of 388 (750 Views)

Re: Washer unavailable

★ Guide

I have run into the unavailable  greyed out quite a bit in my game. on the washing machines. So what helps is to put the washer and dryer into household storage in build mod. with the clothes still in the dryer and washing machine.. Important don't remove the clothes from dryer and washing machine when you put them into household storage.

Next while in build mode make sure the area in front of washing machine and dryer  is clear of objects, hanging ceiling lights and fans. I have found that a lot of hanging ceiling objects in the game like decorations, lights, and fans will block the washing machine and dryer (they need to fix those hanging ceiling lights that won't let you put anything under them especially the one that comes with laundry day stuff pack). 

Next go into live mode than back into build mod and place your washing machine and dryer that is in household storage back out,

Also don't put the washing machine and dryer in one tile alcoves like behind the stairs. When you stack the washing machine and dryer put the washing machine on the bottom. I think what is happening is that the broken animation on the washing machine gets stuck (the animation with all the bubbles pouring out of the washing machine).

Message 313 of 388 (649 Views)

Laundry Day bug?

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the issue with Laundry day putting my clothes in the washer then washing them like normal, then when I put them in the dryer it either only lets me take them out and put them down or it says that they’re clean and dry but will only let me put them down. It will even show sometimes that the clothes are used after I wash them and move them to the dryer. I’m using the Xbox console version and don’t have any mods or anything of course. 

Message 314 of 388 (665 Views)

Re: Laundry Day bug?

Champion
@abcK7Oac295bNf Unfortunately the only solution I've found when that happens is to delete the clothing pile. And if it still happens again after that, delete & replace the dryer as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 315 of 388 (651 Views)

Re: Laundry Day bug?

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too with both washing machines and dryers. Unfortunately deleting and replacing the machines hasn't worked for me! 

Message 316 of 388 (589 Views)

Re: Laundry Day Stuff Pack Items Not Working

★★★★ Guide

i had this problem after adding new Custom Content to my game - also the washer and dryer are CC...

i just sold the washers and replaced them by exactly the same ones and it never happend again

Message 317 of 388 (589 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? from basegame to high school pack and all kits and spand gamepack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try having your sims wash clothes
What happens when the bug occurs? sims can put clothes in washer but can not wash clothe only worlking option is move to dryer
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. since july 26 2022 patch

i also have this issue my sim can put clothes in the washer from the hamper but once in the washer only option working is put in dryer since july 26 2022 patch

Message 318 of 388 (561 Views)

Re: Washer unavailable

★★★★★ Novice
@Rosehrtgirl that works, thanks. They have never fixed this which is pretty annoying since it literally is the central feature of a pack.
Message 319 of 388 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently started using CC waher/dryer and can finally do laundry for the first time in years.

Message 320 of 388 (411 Views)